Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2004 RSX and I had the battery out for a while and when I put the battery back in the alarm started going off so I tried to unlock it to shut it off but my remote wouldn't work at all. The doors and hatch unlock and lock just fine with the manual lock button on the inside but I can't get the remote to do anything. I've tried reprogramming it like other threads have mentioned but no success . I hear the locks trying to work during programming so I know the fob is working but as soon as I take the key out it doesn't work. Also I have read that the receiver unit behind the stereo is the problem so I went ahead and ordered one. After installing the new receiver the remote still will not work. I have lost all hope I have tried everything I can think of and its driving me insane. I've tried reprogramming a thousand times and nothing! I don't know what else to do please help!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Down load manual up above and go through the correct trouble shooting procedure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you try using the key in the door lock?
Despite your attempts to reprogram the remote, it could still just be a bad remote.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Are you sure you got the 2002-2004 receiver? It’s different than the 05-06 and a little harder to find. This has happened to me 3 times after a jump start and each time replacing the receiver worked. It’s part #38385-s5n-a01

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've never had issues like this, so with no one helping, maybe the manual wood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all, new member here and I'm having the same problem. Bought a 02 type S and my key fob never worked, I thought it was just the remote battery went bad but changed to a new battery and nothing.
Dont think the problem is with my door lock actuators because I can still lock/unlock both doors+trunk with the interior master switch.
Bought another rsx key fob on ebay to try, didn't work. Bought another 02 rsx keyless receiver used on ebay. Didn't work either.
Read many key fob threads on this but no luck so far, I'm at my wits end so any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There is a receiver by the radio. There may be a test for it in the manual. I'm dealing with a multiplex issue--not saying you have that, but it is part of the system. This unit can be tested but checking fuses is first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh the keyless receiver? I mentioned on my first post that I replaced it with another one from ebay but that didn't fix the problem, I mean what's the chance of me buying another bad receiver...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Probably zero, the manual has a step by step so start there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts