Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a kidd racing header on my car but it was in there when I bought it. I don't know anything about it. I want to buy a HKS Hi power exhaust for it. Can anyone help me make sure I'm buying what I need to match my header?

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
haha, what a thread choice to bump

The KiddRacing header was a copy of the PLM 4-2-1 long-tube tri-Y header, which is what the ClubRSX header was a copy of too. So they are all pretty much equal to each other. Also the SSR brand one has the same design.

But anyways, your header is compatible with whatever catback exhaust you want. It has a 2.5" exit so some people match that size. Many go larger (2.75" or 3"). Some go smaller (2.36" or even 2.25"). All are larger than stock (1.9-2.1" depending on year).

·
IPS NA K24A2
6 Posts
haha, what a thread choice to bump

The KiddRacing header was a copy of the PLM 4-2-1 long-tube tri-Y header, which is what the ClubRSX header was a copy of too. So they are all pretty much equal to each other. Also the SSR brand one has the same design.

But anyways, your header is compatible with whatever catback exhaust you want. It has a 2.5" exit so some people match that size. Many go larger (2.75" or 3"). Some go smaller (2.36" or even 2.25"). All are larger than stock (1.9-2.1" depending on year).
Actually Kidd Racing sold his company and jigs and inventory to PLM and has never been seen from again. he used to live here in GA and i know him personally but the man dropped off the face of the planet. no FB no IG nothing.

But Kidd Racing Design was a Knock off of SSR Header

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
Wow is that how the story goes? Please tell us more! lol.

I say this because your last statement makes sense, because everyone jumped on his case on here that his K20 Krusher was a total copy of the SSR design (I was more kind in my post above). As such, if he claimed to have originated this design and sold it to PLM, then that makes sense he would disappear off the face of the earth before any backlash come to him from SSR! haha. 'Cuz yeah the ClubRSX store sold the CRSX header privately made by PLM, as far as I can tell, and KiddRacing disappeared. Then the ClubRSX store eventually gave credit to PLM and let them sell other exhausts on their store. Now the ClubRSX store is kseriesparts.com, once the the domain was sold to AutoGuide er whatever it is and now we have lovely ads! :p

And yeah, he was @vteckidd on here. Looks like he deleted that too :/

LOL he has a thread post in 2008 seeking a SSR,Hytech,etc., header. Is this the birth of his design?! https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=583416

·
IPS NA K24A2
6 Posts
Wow is that how the story goes? Please tell us more! lol.

I say this because your last statement makes sense, because everyone jumped on his case on here that his K20 Krusher was a total copy of the SSR design (I was more kind in my post above). As such, if he claimed to have originated this design and sold it to PLM, then that makes sense he would disappear off the face of the earth before any backlash come to him from SSR! haha. 'Cuz yeah the ClubRSX store sold the CRSX header privately made by PLM, as far as I can tell, and KiddRacing disappeared. Then the ClubRSX store eventually gave credit to PLM and let them sell other exhausts on their store. Now the ClubRSX store is kseriesparts.com, once the the domain was sold to AutoGuide er whatever it is and now we have lovely ads! :p

And yeah, he was @vteckidd on here. Looks like he deleted that too :/

LOL he has a thread post in 2008 seeking a SSR,Hytech,etc., header. Is this the birth of his design?! https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=583416

yes sir that's the start of it.. lol :rotfl:

he used to work a shop called Mainstream Performance here in GA he was in charge of sales. then got some contacts in china and a SSR header and the rest is history. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts