Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Turn it Up!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda of a noobie in the RSX game. i was wondering is it necessary to get a kill siwtch to prevent thiefs from stealing my car?? :dontknow:

cause i had one on my Old Ej1 since those are easier to break into.

what do you guys think?

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Depends on your location.

You can always get lojack and call it a day.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
No. Because your key is chipped and the car won't start without that chip unless someone brings along their own K-Pro and takes the time to install it before stealing your car.... which is just stupid.

Our cars get stolen by flatbeds and tow trucks. A kill switch won't help unless you manage to install it on their truck ahead of time :p

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
gps. lolz leave your iphone in there at night.

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
it seems some areas are more prone to theft.. and i happen to live in one of those areas.

so it really depends on how many layers of defense you have...

i have an alarm... with the wiring and brain hidden... then a back-up battery for the alarm system just in case they try to disconnect the battery.

Hood cable is relocated to impede access to under the hood. and i have a kill switch..

on top of that - when i park my car - at least in the drive way... i turn the steering wheel so it they try to tow the car out it will slam into the wall first.

^^ not to say all this will prevent my car from getting stolen. but i figure if i make it hard enough the thieves will either give up or not bother and try to steal another car.

So a kill switch alone is a nice to have and it does not hurt. but there are no guarantees it will prevent theft of your car.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
GPS tracker is your best bet. . . because yes towing has become the new quickest theft solution

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
I live in east oakland and all the stolen car in the Bay Area usually ends up here lolz. I street park my Rsx every day. It's good to know people too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
on top of that - when i park my car - at least in the drive way... i turn the steering wheel so it they try to tow the car out it will slam into the wall first.
Its a front drive car, they need to break in to take it out of gear anyway (assuming you leave it in gear).

·
Registered
623 Posts
Its a front drive car, they need to break in to take it out of gear anyway (assuming you leave it in gear).
Depends, if they have a flatbed they can just drag that shit onto the bed in gear, ebrake on whatever, get one of the wheel locks that should slow em down :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts