Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research and I'm thinking about selling my N1 ECU and getting something else for less cost and same performance. I'm still keeping the Mugen valve springs but I already bought an AEM intake and already have a buyer for the Mugen intake...Any suggestions on the new ECU?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Your only other choice for the ECU is a Hondata reflash. Power is similar on both with the Hondata apparently making a few more hp in some parts of the powerband.

Why are you going to an AEM from the Mugen intake?

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
hondata is pretty much the only other option.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are too many restrictions compared to most JDM intakes...the Mugen one only works well when you have the Mugen Type R front bumper...where the intake hole is located on the driver's side. I don't have that bumper and don't get full use of the intake design.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
keep your Mugen N1 ECU. Install your AEM CAI, and then get a good header such as the toda race header, comptech race header, or the JDM 4-2 and the Spoon 2-1. Make sure you have a good flowing cat-back as well. You'll notice some huge gains. Did you see my dyno of the Mugen ECU vs the Stock ECU? The gains are amazing in the mid-range.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
switfty link me on the dyno..

Do you have some track runs etc?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
swwifty said: