Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a reflash but it says you need to have itr cams before you can do that, so basically i have to drain a good amount of money on cams that will do me no good until i have the money for the reflash. fuck. I would just buy after market cams but i want to boost later on so thatd be a waste too, unless i can run boost cams on temp n/a(sorry if i kinda mixed an n/a question with turbo questions)

·
Registered
16,469 Posts
You can use stock or ITR cams on a hondata reflash.

If you plan on going any further then N/A then dont bother with a reflash cuz eventually you will need k pro to tune for forced induction.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
you can run turbo cams on NA but don't expect much. but as has been said, just save up for kpro. You'll need it anyway and you'll get more out of the car right now with kpro than with just reflash and you'll be set for whatever other mods you do.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to go with reflash then k pro, but if i had to buy itr cams for the reflash then that would make it more expensive for me in the end, so im going to go with kpro and just wait until i have the mony for it

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
It's called flash #4. You send out your ecu to a hondata dealer to get it done. No need for ITR cams. Besides why would you do ITR cams? That is a waste of money for the purchase and install if you cannot do it yourself, all for small gains.

·
BUY MY CAR!!!
4,908 Posts
n/a cams have been proven to do better that F/I cams from what I read. If your going boost I honestly would just use 05-06 cams or if you want use 05-06 intake cam and the 06 tsx exhaust cam. That exhaust cam is the biggest cam made by honda. I dont like aftermarket cams after reading about all the tensioner problems and with boost you really dont need them. Forget the reflash as well if your going F/I, get k-pro. Do it once and do it right, go big or go home.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i decided on the kpro, im just waiting to snag a good used one. Im waiting on that rotrex supercharger, so i will be n/a for a while by the looks of the progress on that kit

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah but as the rsx being my only car, i cant have that much down time with a turbo, and from what ive read the super charger seems to take the more reliable route, but if the price stays that high for long ill just go with the jr s/c, plus 6k isnt easily made at 18 years old

·
Fuk-u-do-me
1,664 Posts
you don't have to buy Type R cams to go with the reflash. There is a basic reflash for a stock motor with a minimum of an intake.
:iamwiths: just save up for kpro...its gonna save you time/money in the long run

·
Fuk-u-do-me
1,664 Posts
yeah but as the rsx being my only car, i cant have that much down time with a turbo, and from what ive read the super charger seems to take the more reliable route, but if the price stays that high for long ill just go with the jr s/c, plus 6k isnt easily made at 18 years old
mods on a car in general make a car less reliable, you can make a turbo application reliable as long as you do everything right and maintain it correctly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.