Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Klasse polish product. But is it good? I want you guys' opinion. I heard that it is easy to use and it's quite good.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I've always been skeptical about Klasse. Mainly because they don't know what they are talking about. I generally don't place faith in a product with messed up advertising and misleading claims.

The High Gloss Sealant needs to be applied on a near perfect finish. I think of it kinda like Z-2. Needs something under it to make the paint more even. That's fair enough, although they could do a better job of warning you.

The All-In-One product (which I'll think of as Z-5) claims to be a cleaner/polish/sealer that's non-abrasive. Too good to be true! I'm betting that swirls and imperfections would show up worse. The same holds true for Zaino and just about every other high gloss formula, but they generally just claim to be a polish/sealer, and leave the cleaning for a claybar or some sort of prep product.
I would highly recommend getting a claybar to prep the car before you apply Klasse. All-In-One just seems very misleading to me. At least Zaino tells you to use a claybar :laughing:

They also say, it's not a wax, it's not a polymer, it's an acrylic!
Let's go to the dictionary
acrylic - noun
-An acrylic resin.
-A paint containing acrylic resin.
-A painting done in acrylic resin.
-An acrylic fiber.

Hmmm... obviously not dealing with a fiber, so we must be dealing with the resin.

acrylic resin -noun
Any of numerous thermoplastic or thermosetting polymers or copolymers of acrylic acid, methacrylic acid, esters of these acids, or acrylonitrile, used to produce paints, synthetic rubbers, and lightweight plastics.

What? An acrylic is a polymer... Klasse is acrylic... but it's not a polymer... wait... that means... they don't know what they are talking about! :laughing:

I'm sure it's a fine product. I'm just too skeptical to try something that they can't get the facts straight with. I've never thought that most acrylics were all that durable, but that's mainly from playin' with paints. Most acrylics are latex indoor paints, whereas outdoor or waterproof stuff is alkyd. Makes me think that an acrylic sealant would probably not do to well against water

G

·
I just tried it over the weekend on one half of my hood. The paint was completely cleaned before application of Klasse AIO. After I applied the AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze, I had a bad haze. There was a distinct color difference between the Klasse side and Zaino side. The Klasse side looked a bit grayish, probably due to the haze. I have a black car. I just removed it last night and threw on a coat of Z5. It now looks good again. I'd recommend taking your time applying the Klasse and use thin coats. Most likely you'll have great results.

Many people have had great success with Klasse. I think it may be a bit more difficult to get good results with Klasse than with Zaino, if you go the Polymer route. Blackfire is another polymer type product that you may be interested in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thankx guys...
i didn't use zaino because it's kinda expensive for me....
plus, i heard someone said klasse is easy to use and very good
so... i went for the klasse.
however, i haven't received the package yet...
i haven't used both klasse nor zaino....so i guess i won't find the difference...
i have a light color car (silver)...so maybe klasses will just work fine on my car.....i have no idea right now tho
i m new to car detailing, what suggestion would you guys give me if i want to use an appropriate priced and easy to use wax?
thankx again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts