Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Reset
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm a total suspension newb so please keep the flames down.

I bought my Buddy Club N+'s used and just installed them yesterday, what is the small silver knob on the top (you can turn) used for?

I tried to search but I couldn't come up with anything specific (tons of results though).

John

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
^^^yeah that, but at least now you know

·
Señior Memberish
1,656 Posts
There are about fifteen clicks between soft and fully stiff. the less tension on the knob, the softer your suspension will be.
You adjust your dampening however you like it, 0 clicks are the softest 15 being the hardest (do some research before you just slam it to 15 because you want the "feel").

I also heard that running full soft (0) and fully hard (15) is bad for the coilover damper, but no one has provided any proof whether or not this is true. I still never ride fully soft/hard for the sole reason it "might" ruin it, which is good enough for me. So I'm running 2 clicks front, 3 clicks rear. Running them too stiff sacrifices traction in the rain and i never want to have an experience like that again: Link - Check out Post #7 . The handling for me doesn't seem to be sacrificed.

There is the gist of it, im not sure if it means anything. But it is something i have collected.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
yes full soft or full stiff is hard on your dampeners.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
from what I have read being at eather end of your valving high or low isn't good.

·
Reset
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is it the standard right-tight(clockwise) and left-loose(Counter-clockwise).

And yes I did search, after four years on the boards you learn to search before asking a question because otherwise your gonna get flamed.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

John

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
is is to adjust the dampening for the strut on the coilover to make it stiff or soft

1 - 15 of 15 Posts