Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi? please give me some ideas. i replaced my axle on the right side. now i cannot get the nut on the ball with the cutter pin. it spins . how can i stop it from spinning. it has a shallow grove under it but i cannot hold it with a screw driver. because the grove is not deep.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
I'm having a tough time picturing exactly what you're talking about, also I am no suspension expert. But, couldn't you put a pick, nail, or something in the hole for the cotter pin and hold it still while you thread the nut on with a wrench :dontknow:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can do but i cannot get the nut to even clear the cutter pin hole. it will screw up and get to a point the bolt will now turn with the nut.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
try jacking the control arm slightly to load the joint. *Be very careful when you do that!*
If that doesn't work, take the nut out and clean the threads on both the nut and bolt.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
try jacking the control arm slightly to load the joint. *Be very careful when you do that!*
If that doesn't work, take the nut out and clean the threads on both the nut and bolt.
yep, best bet is to go to your local napa and buy the cheapest pickle fork you can, bust off the fork end and you have a solid inch thick bar you can use to jack up and hold joints in place.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Just change both ball joints, you cab buy the prelude bb6 joints from AutoZone for about $13 each. You can use a hammer to beat out the old ones, which is what probably happened to this one, you flared the end by beating on it and now the nut won't go on. You can also tap the new ones in with a hammer, that's how I did mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts