Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently installed this setup, and i love it! Having the ability to fully adjust the height is cool. And the ride is surprisingly smooth compared to the Tein S. Techs. This is a good alternative to coilovers, i recommend it to anyone lookin for a nice DD setup. IMO the setup is chocolate:D

Heres a pic when i first installed them: Rears were on the lowest setting and Fronts were about halfway. Had to raise the front about an inch to get it aligned.

Heres how it sits now, after the alignment:

Ride is very smooth currently. Just wanted to share:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I knew this info already :thumbsup: When are you going to take me for a ride?

Looks good. not feeling the chrome, but otherwise clean.

·
Registered
340 Posts
where are u located? and how much are you looking for
i dont think they are for sale

and imo, you should have picked the back up a little to match the front, and prob would feel a little better as well

im currently looking into the same setup... what spring rates are you on?

·
You lose, good day sir!
3,907 Posts
lol oo. well it looks good. i thought they were for sale :( im looking to get a set of konis soon

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Umm, you sure you want to keep the car at that height? From everything I've read, Koni Yellows blow if you drop more than 1-1.5 inches...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Those konis are not going to last long imo. Koni's should only be dropped about 1 1/2 inchs.....

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
^^^ agree'd they were designed to be an OEM replacment and not to be dropped that low. If you wanted to slam your car you should have gone with ksport or some other crap like that.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
robbclark1 said:
I knew this info already When are you going to take me for a ride?

Looks good. not feeling the chrome, but otherwise clean.
Thanks for your help man:thumbsup: Your welcome anytime, jus gotta ride down here haha. I really like the ride though. So smooth. The Teins were bouncy but the handling was very tight.
Umm, you sure you want to keep the car at that height? From everything I've read, Koni Yellows blow if you drop more than 1-1.5 inches...
Yea, thats what i read. The front is actually higher then, when i had the teins. Ive had the teins on stock shocks for about 3 months, then with the konis about 2 months. And the konis have been holding up great. So far.
Nice setup Bo :thumbsup:

I got a chance to see it up close, its definately a clean look! I followed behind him coming off the ramp, the ride was tight!

Meant to ask you, what tail lights are you using?
Thanks jason:thumbsup: I have the 06 jdm tail lamps:D
Those konis are not going to last long imo. Koni's should only be dropped about 1 1/2 inchs.....
Yea, i hope they hold up. Theyve been holding up great for me so far. I use to be paranoid reading about peoples konis leaking, but they never leaked on me. Of course i bought them new, and installed everything right.

·
GS...yes plz
3,204 Posts
like everyone says....you're gonna blow the koni yellows eventually at that ride height.

enjoy it while they last! :D

·
KabiKano Kennels
2,337 Posts
i heard G.C. on yellow konis for rsx's was a smooth quality ride for rsx so im going for the same set up on my DC5.. just purchased the Ground controls and the rear konis used so im half way there. now im looking for a pair of front konis.

·
2low_4fatho's
254 Posts
my cousin has had this setup for about 3 years now and no damm problem ride is smooth jus like u said , maybe it just florida we have flat lands :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
^^^ agree'd they were designed to be an OEM replacment and not to be dropped that low. If you wanted to slam your car you should have gone with ksport or some other crap like that.
Are you guys kidding? Koni is the only company that actually warrants shocks you've used for racing. My car (different suspension design admittedly) has been autocrossed and driven on the street lowered like 4 inches for 5 years with no problems. I don't know any autocrosser who's had ksports for more than a year without blowing one.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Are you guys kidding? Koni is the only company that actually warrants shocks you've used for racing. My car (different suspension design admittedly) has been autocrossed and driven on the street lowered like 4 inches for 5 years with no problems. I don't know any autocrosser who's had ksports for more than a year without blowing one.
they are not kidding.
if you are dropped 4 inches, i guess that's becuase you are riding the bump stops, hence not working the shocks, that's why they didn;t blow.
unless you drive a different car, then that's a different story.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts