Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm a COMPLETE noob (hince the caps) and I have a datalog here I think. Started up the car for the first time today a few times starts up no problems.

98 Integra w/ K24a2, JRSC 3.2" Pulley, RC 650cc

http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/8-20-08 1pm k24a2 jrsc 3.2in 650cc.kdl

First couple times it started up fine and it idled up and down from 100rpm to 2000rpm and then would eventually settle around 1000 or so. Nearly every time after that I would get errors seen in the datalog I posted.

Tried another o2 sensor that is known good and had the same result. Found out that it was throwing the same codes the first time because I didn't uncheck the secondary o2 sensor error checking. Disabled that and it ran fine a few times with no error codes. Now it throws those codes again.

I also have a flashing oil light & CEL when the car is running which didn't happen till the 3rd startup or so and the motor has plenty of oil in it.

·
1,102 Posts
What swap harness are you using? Is is a Hybrid, HASport, or Sparkks?

Your car is idling at a very high load. Did you relocate the MAP sensor reading to the manifold when you did the JRSC? I tuned an EP3 once that, when he brought it to me, the shop who did the install plumed the vacuum line before the blower. Although, it never showed THAT high of a load at idle.

Also, if you have an older Hybrid swap harness that required you to wire up the primary O2 sensor plug, you miswired the connector. Common problem.

Could you please upload the calibration?

- Derek

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really think it is idling high I'm pulling some of this from memory alot to keep track of. Thanks for the quick response here is some more info.

I tried an O2 sensor out of my gf's 03 CRV and had the same issues. The ONLY way I can see the wiring not being any good is if I misswired the 2 wires Black & Black on the o2 sensor to the hybrid harness.

I have an 02-04 Type-S Engine harness Rywire converted to an 05-06 Type-S Engine harness and the very first Hybrid Racing conversion harness.

Map relocator is done and tube is run to manifold by the head after the charger.

I am using the "k24-tsx-jrsc-650cc.kal" base map included with Kpro and I uncheck
"Immobilizer enabled"
"Enable emissions error checking"
I also Disable the multiplexer.

Then I upload the map and it seems to take, however even though I have zero experience with kpro it seems like the ECU is forgetting my changes after I turn off the ignition as I have to uncheck those boxes and reload the map. I don't know if its forgetting the map or just those 3 boxes I unchecked.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I know which hybrid wire to plug into which black wire on the o2 sensor? Can I damage anything by getting it wrong?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okay so my 05-06 Type-S harness was converted by rywire to an 02-04 and I'm missing the plug in the first pic to the blue connector. What is that and is it needed?

If its not connected is this why my oil light is flashing? Is there anything to worry about?

I was told this is likely the Vtec oil pressure switch and that it can be disabled and that will solve my issue. I did that and my oil light stopped flashing.

Still not sure what to do with the o2 sensor heater error.

My tuner doesn't want a car that isn't ready for a tune but to be honest I'm not sure if it is or not.

Current Calibration
http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/Test k24-tsx-jrsc-650cc.kal

Current Datalog
http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/test.kdl

Video of startup, Oil light flashing I believe because I forgot to upload the change to ignore Vtec oil pressure switch??? Notice the CEL comes on...? Is this because of the o2 sensor reading that the error box is picking up?
http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/MVI_0246.AVI

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just updated that post right after you responded with some more info and a video that is currently uploading (33%) that might be easier than me trying to explain. I'm a noob if you haven't noticed, what needs to be adjusted on the TPS and why?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the error code verbatim from kmanager.
"P1166 Heated Oxgen Sensor Sensor1 (Primary HO2S) Heater Circuit Malfunction"

·
1,102 Posts
Here is the error code verbatim from kmanager.
"P1166 Heated Oxgen Sensor Sensor1 (Primary HO2S) Heater Circuit Malfunction"
Yes, I saw the code in your datalog.

If you have swapped out the O2 sensor for a known good unit, and the code still exists, your wiring to the sensor is incorrect.

- Derek

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well my gf has an 03 CRV and I was told to try the o2 sensor out of that. Since then I've had people tell me that sensor won't work....?

Edit: I was also told to test the o2 sensor by taking it and running the 2 black wires to the battery, one to negative and one to positive to see if the sensor heats up. I tried different combinations of pos/neg and it wouldn't heat up. I even tried my old b series and it did work and heat up like I was told it would. So I figure my o2 is bad.

Here is what I'm thinking of ordering, I just don't know if its the right thing since it says it can be used on a base model...?

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130&products_id=2270

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay Brand New Denso o2 Sensor installed and working. So far so good no codes, that is with the vtec oil pressure switch ignored in kpro under vtec tab! Now on to the next issue, I have a flashing oil light in my gauge cluster that is really bothering me. It starts flashing the second the car starts and at first I thought it was related to the Vtec oil pressure switch (that I do not have a plug for) so I disabled that in Kpro under the vtec tab. The light is still flashing!

Here is my datalog if it helps any, how do things look? What do I need to do?
I hate Sundays.

http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/8-24-08 New 02 Flashing Oil Light.kdl

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was told by a friend to make the map settings in kpro to
Custom
Scalar: 652 mbar/bolt
Offset: 75 mbar

I have an OEM map sensor and I think his is a 3bar or something. I'm a noob at this so flame away just need to get the kinks worked out.

What should my settings be so that its reading things correctly?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Then click on the STOCK MAP SENSOR.

Ignore any "custom" values. You don't need them.

- Derek
Stupid froth and his bad advice.

So just to confirm, stock map sensor in kpro even though the map is using a relocator and feeding off the manifold?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay new datalog, stock map settings seemed alot better to me but I dont know much better.

http://www.k20a.org/NtegraDryvr/8-24-08%20New%2002%20Flashing%20Oil%20Light.kdl

Still have the oil light flashing at me and I confirmed that the oil sensor plug is plugged in. Is there any way I can test to see if I am getting correct oil pressure? I don't have a gauge or anything. Any way I can test the sensor etc?

Hows the datalog look?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts