Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Kpro w/Turbo Timer built in

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Big__Pair 
#1 ·
Why doesn't Hondata have this "on_board" option yet? :dontknow:

#11 ·
I would actually like to give you a serious answer because so many asshats on here love to flame instead of converse on a subject. Turbo timers are relatively cheap and easy to install. Yes the ecu isn't directly hooked up to the ignition but a whole lot can be done with an I/O option for a relay and holding circuit. I think it would be nice to have the ecu take over the function than having another "box" to mount.

#15 ·
maybe it will be in the new verison of kmanager... :)

#17 ·
take the time to let your car idle for a while after driving hard and you don't have to worry about it. as far as I know turbo timers don't work with your stock alarm system.

Reactions: DC5_Champ88
#20 ·
Just for future reference, a turbo timer will work with the stock alarm system. There is a wire up behind the cig lighter panel that needs to be cut. This does something with disabling the signal so that you can lock your doors while the car is running. It's been a while, but I think that wire was yellow. Not really sure though. I'd have to go back though my old info to see if I have a pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.