Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everyone like the title said im having some issues with my cmc and slave, I replaced my clutch,pressure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing with competition clutch 1.5 stage, 8 pound flywheel and also I installed the CMC and slave combo from Ktuned, this was about 10 moths ago, I drive every day this car about 40 miles per day sometimes with LA traffic and some spirit driving on weekends, around a moth ago my problems started, I was at a red light and right when I was taking off( releasing clutch) I feel the clutch “bitting as usual” but before I completely released it I felt the pedal clutch go kinda “soft” and the bite wasn’t as hard and the release point was higher, I had the clutch adjustment rod showing 5 treads since the day I installed everything and the cmc rod adjusted by my mechanic, I’ve been doing a lot of research on how to adjust the rod, I’ve watch videos and I clearly understand I have to spin it clockwise until you feel some kind of resistance, here’s my first problem, the ktuned cmc rod doesn’t spin just with your fingers, you have to use some pliers in order to spin it, so how I’m i supposed to feel the resistance everybody is talking about ?
Second problem: I went to my slave cylinder and I try to press it with my fingers and I just couldn’t is hard as a rock...tried again messing with the cmc rod, if I spin it clock wise my engagement feel higher and clutch pedal soft but if I spin it counterclockwise it will
Actually feel shorter and more firm, I know my slave cylinder is supposed to be able to move with my fingers so I went under the dash again today and I spin the rod counterclockwise more so I could try to fix my slave issue but when I tried to start up my car It just wouldn’t start, so I put the rod back in the position I adjusted first and everything was “ok” Again, also I would like to address that when I’m in traffic in first gear or second and I completely release the clutch without touching the gas my car still moves, like if I was gassing it a little bit or releasing just a little the clutch, what you guys think is my problem ? CMC or slave? I checked and any of them are leaking... clutch ? Throw out bearing ? I would really appreciate any help, thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts