Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently have an 06 Type S with a reflashed ECU from Ktuner. My concern is that it may cause problems with the smog check as they do the OBDII monitors test. As stated by members of the forum, the reflash disables the secondary O2 sensor and it may cause issues with the readiness monitors. They said that it disables the readiness monitors as a whole and it also shows the O2 monitor as “N/A” for them.

So my question is, should I go forward with the reflashed ECU since my CEL won’t be there or should I be concerned that my readiness monitors will be incomplete, causing me to fail the smog check?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Bro, I have an even better idea. Because you don’t believe me, go to your local auto parts store and have them check. It’s free, and will save you the hassle of having to get a smog test done twice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro, I have an even better idea. Because you don’t believe me, go to your local auto parts store and have them check. It’s free, and will save you the hassle of having to get a smog test done twice.
My bad bro, I do believe you. I just thought it would be a different situation considering you have the End-User and I simply have the reflash with my stock ECU. I will definitely head to an auto parts store soon!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You will pass. I did my obd scanner emission test with Ktuner. No CEL, no problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@meldrickisip did you end up having any issues passing smog? I'm considering just the reflash and trying to determine if i should get another ECU for the reflash and keep my stock ECU for smog checks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@meldrickisip did you end up having any issues passing smog? I'm considering just the reflash and trying to determine if i should get another ECU for the reflash and keep my stock ECU for smog checks.
I did pass smog with the Ktuner End-User. You just need to make sure that the readiness monitors aren’t disabled bc the reflash automatically disabled them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts