Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone I’m looking for get a reflash for my ECU I would like to go with Ktuner but I’m not sure about a place here in California I could take it and they can do it for me, I really don’t know tunners and I don’t feel too comfortable sending my ECU somewhere, and if it’s like that I would like to hear or know from here or somebody where could be the best place or website, also rn I’m running a Injen CAI, KTuned RH and Hondata IM,still having my stock exhaust thinking about put on a type r axleback, i know about all the kinds of reflash but what about if I get the #2 having my stock exhaust? It would affect Something in a bad way ? Could I keep it like that until I get my 3 inch exhaust?Thanks!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would stay with the reflash#1 with the current bolt on set up. Once/if you get a nice exhaust set up( I would recommend full catback rather than axleback), then you can reflash the ECU to reflash # 2. If you have a laptop and own the actual Ktuner ECU, you can download the software, hook it up and select reflash #2 and sync it to the EcU and you're good to go. Also, you can send the Ktuner ECU to Ktuner and they can reflash it for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would stay with the reflash#1 with the current bolt on set up. Once/if you get a nice exhaust set up( I would recommend full catback rather than axleback), then you can reflash the ECU to reflash # 2. If you have a laptop and own the actual Ktuner ECU, you can download the software, hook it up and select reflash #2 and sync it to the EcU and you're good to go. Also, you can send the Ktuner ECU to Ktuner and they can reflash it for you.
Well I just got my custom exhaust with an hks muffler and no resonator done lol so I’m ready to go, to be honest rn I’m tight with money and that’s why I’m looking for a reflash and also this is my only car for go work and do all my stuff so I’m trying to look for a place or somebody who can do it here in California I been trying to contact Bisimoto but is impossible so idk, thanks for your answer!

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
Since you have a RH, go with the #2 reflash, for two reasons:
1. The header does more to alter the exhaust and tuning than the catback does
2. If you run a RH on the #1 reflash, you increase your chances of running lean

I have the Hondata RH reflash (extinct, but pretty much same thing) and stock catback and it works just fine.

Why don't you take it to:
Michael Nielsen
30.9 miles
Murrieta, CA
(951) 837-9345

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everyone I’m looking for get a reflash for my ECU I would like to go with Ktuner but I’m not sure about a place here in California I could take it and they can do it for me, I really don’t know tunners and I don’t feel too comfortable sending my ECU somewhere, and if it’s like that I would like to hear or know from here or somebody where could be the best place or website, also rn I’m running a Injen CAI, KTuned RH and Hondata IM,still having my stock exhaust thinking about put on a type r axleback, i know about all the kinds of reflash but what about if I get the #2 having my stock exhaust? It would affect Something in a bad way ? Could I keep it like that until I get my 3 inch exhaust?Thanks!!

I’m just going to buy a ktuner equipped ecu. I have a 05/06 type s so that’s pretty much my only option unless i wanna spend double the price on hondata and have to change the o2 and shit. Lol that way i won’t have to ship my Ecu anywhere or be without it. But if you get ktuner i believe there is maps you can download and update the tunes yourself with a laptop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts