Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 784 Posts

·
Hafa!?
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought Id post this up for others to check out who are thinking about ordering some KPRO/Reflash in the near future. Looks like this may be a solid alternative to Hondata and will be releasing soon, but no official date as of yet.

More info can be found on their facebook page or http://ktuner.com/

Here’s general information on how KTuner will be released, since there’s been a lot of questions surrounding the product.

Initial Dealers: Some of the dealers who have supported my other tuning platform named NepTune have opted to be initial dealers and test out the elasticity of the KTuner platform. While we have tested here on several vehicles, there’s nothing like real-world feedback from others to make sure a product is solid before we release to the public. Initial dealers will be able to fully tune the 05-06 RSX Type-S, tune K20 and K24 swapped vehicles, and produce stock swap ECUs for those who need a way to start their newly swapped vehicles. A list of dealers will be available as soon as they’re comfortable with the product.

New Dealers: After the initial feedback, and any changes that may be made because of it, we will start taking on new dealers and there will be a copy of the software released so anyone inquiring can see how the software works. The full feature list will be available on the site and we’ll also have some demonstration videos. Anyone who inquires before we’re taking new dealers will be put on a list. Once we’re taking new dealers you’ll be provided with full information on the dealer program. Dealers will receive a 30% discount on our retail products.

KTuner Release Without On Board Logging – $449: Shortly after dealers get KTuner you can expect the first end user release. This release will roll out catered to:
•K20 or K24 Swapped Vehicles that are Non-Drive By Wire
•05-06 RSX Type-S
•05-06 RSX Base Auto/Manual
•Any Other K Series Non-DBW Vehicles that have the newer pinout or use a conversion harness. We’ll have a full list of what you need available.

Then we will add additional support for:
•2006-2009 S2000
•2005-2007 K24 Accord
•2004-2008 TSX

KTuner Release With On Board Logging – $529: Expect the second version release to come later with On Board Logging and additional sensor logging expansion.

KTuner DIY Developer Package – $299: We fully support the pursuit of knowledge. At some point in the near future we will release a developer’s kit. If you’re a developer or part of a group like pgmfi.org who want to start a collective public K Series ECU knowledge base you’ll be able to. We will have an inexpensive kit that will allow you to read out or reflash any of the supported ECU types. What you do with the data after that is up to you. You will not be able to read out KTuner or other commercial data from any ECUs that have been reflashed with commercial software.

General Information:

The Swap Market: Anyone considering a K swap should look into getting a harness from a 2003 Element, as they can be found inexpensively since Elements were produced in the United States. Hasport and K-Tuned will have race harnesses available as well. 2003 Element wideband O2 sensors can also be had inexpensively if you want to use closed loop with the system.

ECUs: KTuner supports newer ECUs, not the 02-04. A conversion harness can be used for older setups. A full list of supported ECUs will be released in the future. Our dealers will be able to provide compatible ECUs that are already prepped and ready for tuning at only $199. We want to keep the price of ECUs from blowing up like it did in the 02-04 market.

Also a small discussion going on over at http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109907

Love my KPRO so I wont be purchasing this but interested to see how well this does.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
132 Posts
05-06 Rsx Type S Ktuner Reflash

Looks like I'm the first to do it but I love my car now! I wish I had time to do a dyno but I was super late:( turbogixxer in coral springs has the ecus in stock I'll post vids tomorrow I'm about to knock out long drive!

UPDATE ON PAGE 4 with dyno vid:fyea:

·
Registered
132 Posts
The cost my differ from dealer to dealer but the reflash was 300. It's a reflash on our ecu! Well I have two ecus my stock one and the reflash one. They have the ability to reflash your stock one but we didn't have enough time to do it. But good thing is you once you get your reflash that's the only ecu you need you have the choose to upgrade that ecu to tune it your self or have someone else tune but of course that's an addition fee. Still WAY cheaper than Kpro. No harness needed or 02-04 ecu needed. It's still in the beginning stages but from what I saw this is going to be a great deal for 05-06 rsx types owners

·
Super Tuner
147 Posts
Right now KTuner is allowing dealers to custom dyno tune 05-06 RSXs, supply customers with a reflash, or create ECUs for swaps. We have a full system coming that will allow you to adjust things yourself as well. See the KTuner website or our facebook for more information about the system and how it's rolling out.

Also note this isn't a one size fits all reflash. The dealers are delivering their own catered to your needs.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I have an 06 type s and spent 300.00 for the new race header reflash. Can my ECU Still be KTUNED ? Does it need a harness adapter? Thanks

·
Super Tuner
147 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I have an 06 type s and spent 300.00 for the new race header reflash. Can my ECU Still be KTUNED ? Does it need a harness adapter? Thanks
Yes, we'll have two tuners in Phoenix listed in the coming weeks and they should be able to custom tune your setup if you need it. This works with your factory 05-06 ECU, so no harness needed.

That's a lot to spend on a reflash so if you're happy with your current reflash, but want to have more access, I'd wait for the end user version where you'll be able to go in and make your own adjustments on top of having it custom tuned by any competent tuner.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yes, we'll have two tuners in Phoenix listed in the coming weeks and they should be able to custom tune your setup if you need it. This works with your factory 05-06 ECU, so no harness needed.

That's a lot to spend on a reflash so if you're happy with your current reflash, but want to have more access, I'd wait for the end user version where you'll be able to go in and make your own adjustments on top of having it custom tuned by any competent tuner.
When do you see that end user version becoming available? I'm in Chandler, Az.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lotsa questions.. Lol. When my car is reflashed and or Ktuned, it will still pass emissions testing in Az. Also , the race header reflash disables the 2nd O2 sensor, can that be changed . I guess you are saying that everything will be able to be Ktuned similar to the "semi" pro..

·
Super Tuner
147 Posts
They're custom tailored reflashes. From the website:
Reflashes are base tunes developed by our dealers that can be catered to suit your needs. If you buy a reflashed ECU from one of our dealers, or you have your factory ECU reflashed or tuned by a dealer, you now own a KTuner license which will allow you to later upgrade to the end user tuning system with a discount applied to the retail price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 02 premium and I want to swap a type-s motor in it or do the k24/k20 frank, only problem is I don't wanna spend the ridiculous amount on hondata. to use k-tuner I would have to use all 05-06 parts?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Reflashes are base tunes developed by our dealers that can be catered to suit your needs. If you buy a reflashed ECU from one of our dealers, or you have your factory ECU reflashed or tuned by a dealer, you now own a KTuner license which will allow you to later upgrade to the end user tuning system with a discount applied to the retail price.

Any idea on when the end user tuning system(tunable) will be available?

·
Super Tuner
147 Posts
I have a 02 premium and I want to swap a type-s motor in it or do the k24/k20 frank, only problem is I don't wanna spend the ridiculous amount on hondata. to use k-tuner I would have to use all 05-06 parts?
Right now this only works with the newer transmissions, as we're focused on the direct vehicles we're supporting. 02-04 transmission support is coming.

Any idea on when the end user tuning system(tunable) will be available?
We haven't announced a date and that's not what this post is about. :)

·
grantDC5
282 Posts
in on it, looks like someone beat me to gettin a new Ktuner thread up haha

·
grantDC5
282 Posts
so i could run like an RBC and drop-in cams with one of these reflashes??

·
Super Tuner
147 Posts
RBC for sure, as some of the dealers have already produced tunes for that setup.

With cams I would suggest having actual tuning done unless one of the dealers has already tuned the exact same setup. One size does not fit all.

·
grantDC5
282 Posts
RBC for sure, as some of the dealers have already produced tunes for that setup.

With cams I would suggest having actual tuning done unless one of the dealers has already tuned the exact same setup. One size does not fit all.
sold! that's all i needed to hear haha!

1 - 20 of 784 Posts