Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am looking to run a water/methanol setup and wish to run the activation through Ktuner like many have done with Kpro using the E21 input and E22 output (Nitrous tab). I can not find a schematic what wires are used for the 6 programmable outputs that are available. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think we discussed in email, so you should be all good. If not, send an email in.
Ya bud, I am good thanks for all the help. Its actually really simple this was just my first time working with an end user ECU.

For everyone else that might have the same questions here is the answer...

Connect the relay ground, typically referred to as "85" to E19 (VSV: Vent Shut Valve) on the ECU for the output. I chose to use "VSV: Vent Shut Valve" as my car is a daily and still has AC so my only other option really would have been "Reverse Lockout E2" and I really did not want to give that up. Now if you wish to run a manual switch to cut the water/meth (Ex. If you are low on mixture) you use a activation input that will trigger the output. I am running EPS so I chose to use PSP E16 for my activation input. The only thing you need to be careful of is when E16 is triggered GND=Off so you must select the invert function. Connect the accessory wire from your switch (which will apply 12V) to E16 and this will generate a ground which will trigger the output. As a side note when VSV is not triggered it remains open, so your gas tank will still vent.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone know if the Ktuner Rev1 , reflash #3 will work if I add a Blox 70mm throttle body with the Skunk2 pro series 70mm manifold? Or, will I need to take it to a tuner to fine tune it? Per the Ktuner webpage, Relfash #3 recommends : Intake/Header/Exhaust/RBC Manifold, but does not mention anything about a throttle body. I am opting to go with the Skunk2 Pro Series at 70 mm and matching with Blox TB 70mm. Not sure what the RBC manifold size is in mm's. Also, I only have an Injen SRI, not a CAI.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yay! I finally received my Ktuner Rev1 ECU PRB End User unit. I plan on swapping out the OEM ECU (storing for smog check purposes) and then plugging in the new Ktuner, WOOT!

My unit came from HA Motorsports with the Reflash #1 basemap, VTEC engagement 4200 high load, 5800 low load, launch control 5300, disable immobilizer, etc.

I still need to download the software to my lap top, but I need to know if I need to have the unit plugged into the vehicle AND hooked up to my laptop with wifi connect to register the unit. Or, can I just hook up the ktuner to my laptop after I download the software and register it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yay! I finally received my Ktuner Rev1 ECU PRB End User unit. I plan on swapping out the OEM ECU (storing for smog check purposes) and then plugging in the new Ktuner, WOOT!

My unit came from HA Motorsports with the Reflash #1 basemap, VTEC engagement 4200 high load, 5800 low load, launch control 5300, disable immobilizer, etc.

I still need to download the software to my lap top, but I need to know if I need to have the unit plugged into the vehicle AND hooked up to my laptop with wifi connect to register the unit. Or, can I just hook up the ktuner to my laptop after I download the software and register it.

It needs to be hooked up to laptop and car

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks TRedel, will do.

Iron , I don't believe I need to go to dealer because the immobilizer has already been disengaged on the reflash#1 which came with the unit. Thankfully, my router / wifi reaches the garage so I will be able to hook this all up. If I am out of range, I can just run a spare 100ft cable/modem cord to reach it.

I can't wait to get this in and get going.

Do I need to idle the car for a certain amount of time after it is plugged in before I take the car out for a test drive? HA Motorsports said it is flashed and ready to use, I just don't know about the next step / procedure besides registering the unit with my car, Ktuner and my laptop.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
Do I need to idle the car for a certain amount of time after it is plugged in before I take the car out for a test drive? HA Motorsports said it is flashed and ready to use, I just don't know about the next step / procedure besides registering the unit with my car, Ktuner and my laptop.
I think the idling thing is debatable. First of all, if you backed your car in the garage, DON'T DO IT! haha. If you pulled in, well, then sure if you want -- just open up the garage door. But if HA Motorsport said it's ready to go, I wouldn't fret it. The only benefit you might gain from idling is quickly and effectively forcing your ECU to learn the proper short term and long term fuel trims. Then, when you begin driving, it will be super calibrated and you'll notice a big difference. Otherwise, you'll notice a difference that may improve over time for the first couple days? You may not be comfortable with doing the proper learn process, which requires holding the throttle at 3000rpm. Could bother the neighbors. Of the 2 times I've done it, I've driven to a remote business lot, turned off the car, then started the process. I've posted it on here before. Let me know if you can't find it. I definitely had to do it when I installed my header with header reflash to make the warm idle drop to ~900 instead of like 1500-2000! If you drive and find it has no warm idle problems, I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
IronGumby,

I talked to Ktuner, and they said that the ECU will learn and adjust automatically as it warms up and I do my normal daily driving. So, no idle at 3k rpm is necessary for 2 cooling cycles and/or driving it w/o vtec for 15 to 30 minutes, cool down, restart driving with small vtec, and then repeating with wot.

My neighbors are already used to my exhaust set up now (currently moderately loud- Magnaflow Catback exhaust), even without a PLM race header, lol
But, ya, idling at 3k rpm for 2 cooling cycles would have been a little annoying for my neighbors had I needed to do this, haha.

I'll be sure to chalk all my tires and have the garage door open when I first start the car after the install, lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Okay,

so I installed the new Ktuner Saturday morning. It was a little tough to get the plugs off, but managed to get them off okay after a couple minutes of wiggling them carefully. I did manage to unfortunately break the 3 old plastic tabs that fasten the felt cover under the dash, but I am ordering a bunch of new ones. Evidently they just fell apart after I pushed the center and pulled back the cover, most likely they were just old and brittle. No worries.

Now, on to the good stuff. I let the car idle for a good 15 minutes or so, then took it out driving for about an hour. Took the car back home and let it rest for an hour or so, then took it out again. Evidently, there is some learning that the ECU needs to do, especially with the idle. After a day of driving the car around so the ECU can adjust for the air/fuel adjustments etc., it really drove smooth and the idle finally found its sweet spot between 750 and 800. Sunday, I took the car out to really give it a test with moderate acceleration and then finally WOT. All I can say is , WOW !!
What a great improvement in performance. The Vtek is transition is soooo smooth now and although subtle, there is much more torque and pull throughout the powerband now, especiall in the mid range. It feels like a constant vtec pull from 4200 to 7000 rpms. The engine runs so smooth now and it sounds so much better. It is almost like driving a totally new car.

Super happy new Ktuner owner chiming in. I can't wait to see the next boost in performance next year after I install the PLM headers, woot!

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
Merry Christmas to you! :w00t: lol. The intake-tuned mod phase is a fun happy medium. Not too crazy, much better than stock, and very enjoyable without any ill effects. Problem is after a while, you may feel like this is how it should've been from the factory, and want to see what modding the exhaust header can really do for the car! But, that territory comes with associated ill effects, haha. Intake-tuned is very capable as long as everybody around you isn't racing (which is most of the time :p). Enjoy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Estimated mileage after 1st tank of 91 octane pump gas with brand spankin new Ktuner

35.5 mpg. (mild/moderate driving with occasional aggressive driving city/hwy mix and using the A/C. We have a heat wave going on here in So.Cal - wierd? Woot!

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
Wow! :eek: I wouldn't say it's all that weird, because an intake-reflashed RSX is pretty much the most efficient setup, but dang. I've gotten I think 32.5 is my max. Make sure you fill all the way up to the top to get accurate calcs. You sure you don't have undersized tires or anything? :laughing:

·
Registered
108 Posts
1st tank of gas mentioned above I drove very conservatively and did not open it up too much. My 2nd tank of gas avg was 26 MPG. A lot more city driving this time due to Christmas shopping AND driving it a lot more aggressively. Still not bad though. The more I drive above 4200 rpm's seems to be the draw back due to the vtec opening up earlier than stock setting. Just filled up on 3rd tank of 91 pump gas, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Okay,

so I installed the new Ktuner Saturday morning. It was a little tough to get the plugs off, but managed to get them off okay after a couple minutes of wiggling them carefully. I did manage to unfortunately break the 3 old plastic tabs that fasten the felt cover under the dash, but I am ordering a bunch of new ones. Evidently they just fell apart after I pushed the center and pulled back the cover, most likely they were just old and brittle. No worries.

Now, on to the good stuff. I let the car idle for a good 15 minutes or so, then took it out driving for about an hour. Took the car back home and let it rest for an hour or so, then took it out again. Evidently, there is some learning that the ECU needs to do, especially with the idle. After a day of driving the car around so the ECU can adjust for the air/fuel adjustments etc., it really drove smooth and the idle finally found its sweet spot between 750 and 800. Sunday, I took the car out to really give it a test with moderate acceleration and then finally WOT. All I can say is , WOW !!
What a great improvement in performance. The Vtek is transition is soooo smooth now and although subtle, there is much more torque and pull throughout the powerband now, especiall in the mid range. It feels like a constant vtec pull from 4200 to 7000 rpms. The engine runs so smooth now and it sounds so much better. It is almost like driving a totally new car.

Super happy new Ktuner owner chiming in. I can't wait to see the next boost in performance next year after I install the PLM headers, woot!
I just got my KTuner as well, pretty much like how you described it. I really like the lower VTEC engagement at 4200 and it helps with the midrange pick up. My SRI is louder now too!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a question, is there certain types of ktuner like vehicle specific
or ktuner will work with all the vehicles?
because this site is saying it will work for civic, accord, tsx, but not rsx

·
Registered
948 Posts
i have a question, is there certain types of ktuner like vehicle specific
or ktuner will work with all the vehicles?
because this site is saying it will work for civic, accord, tsx, but not rsx
They have various products. You were probably looking at their KTunerFlash. With our RSX, you'll need to bring it to a dealer so they can put a "chip" inside, sorta like Hondata KPro but cheaper if you have the 05-06 model.

http://ktuner.com/rsx/

·
Registered
452 Posts
Finished getting my car tuned last weekend and just finished setting up the traction control. TC makes all the difference in the world and its free. Highly recommend everyone to set it up.

741 - 760 of 789 Posts