Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

761 - 780 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it worthwhile for me to get the End User? I currently only have the AEM V2 and Invidia Q300, but I eventually plan to get headers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Is it worthwhile for me to get the End User? I currently only have the AEM V2 and Invidia Q300, but I eventually plan to get headers.
Get it, you will not be disappointed. Best mod you can get.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do you know if they have MAPs I can upload for the mods I have...any time I look it up I only see their Reflashes.
Yes, there are three.

Map 1: Cold Air Intake added.
Map 2: CAI & exhaust added.
Map 3: CAI , exhaust, & RBC added.

The best performance will always be achieved with a tune, however, three base maps are included.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Finished getting my car tuned last weekend and just finished setting up the traction control. TC makes all the difference in the world and its free. Highly recommend everyone to set it up.
How'd you go about setting up traction control? I was under the impression that it would require purchasing sensors and wiring among other misc. things.

·
Registered
452 Posts
How'd you go about setting up traction control? I was under the impression that it would require purchasing sensors and wiring among other misc. things.
Its super simple. There are four speed sensor inputs on the rev 1 ecu board (1+, 1-, 2+, 2-). I ordered an TunerView RD2 cable (has the correct plug to attach to the ecu). Just run the RD2 cable to the ABS unit and splice into the speed sensors there. I used the RF & RR sensors. Calibrate the VSS to match SPD 1 & 2 via the multiplier in KTuner and that's it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Its super simple. There are four speed sensor inputs on the rev 1 ecu board (1+, 1-, 2+, 2-). I ordered an TunerView RD2 cable (has the correct plug to attach to the ecu). Just run the RD2 cable to the ABS unit and splice into the speed sensors there. I used the RF & RR sensors. Calibrate the VSS to match SPD 1 & 2 via the multiplier in KTuner and that's it.
Sweet, I will definitely have to give this a try. Am I correct in assuming the specific cable you purchased is the C03? (usb/4 loose wires)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sweet, I will definitely have to give this a try. Am I correct in assuming the specific cable you purchased is the C03? (usb/4 loose wires)
Its actually the C01, the cable has a 4 pin connector on each end, you just cut one side off after fitting to length. I also recommend wiring in a switch using the PSP or VTP input so you have the functionality to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn I want a tune so bad. Haven't decided on Ktuner or Hondata reflash, but I want the best bang for the buck. Ktuner seems to be a newer/ better tune than hondata though? I'm putting on a SRI and don't want an exhaust or race header since the car is plenty loud with Hasport MM's.

First thing's first though- and that's to replace my 120,000 mile struts with new A-spec struts. These old struts are super rough, crashy and squeaky. After that I will go for a tune. So many things to fix on this old 13 year old RSX lol.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ktuner is newer, but no better than Hondata. They have the same features (minus forcing emissions readiness. Only Hondata has that option). The reflashes give about the same gains. The cost is where it really matters. Do you want to pay $450, or do you want to pay upwards of $600? As for getting tuned, you will have a better experience using Hondata only because there are more people who are well versed with the program vs Ktuner. It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I personally would want to pay someone that knows how to use it rather than paying someone who has never used it before and is learning as they go. Unless you have money to throw at a new engine of course lol.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Damn I want a tune so bad. Haven't decided on Ktuner or Hondata reflash, but I want the best bang for the buck. Ktuner seems to be a newer/ better tune than hondata though? I'm putting on a SRI and don't want an exhaust or race header since the car is plenty loud with Hasport MM's.

First thing's first though- and that's to replace my 120,000 mile struts with new A-spec struts. These old struts are super rough, crashy and squeaky. After that I will go for a tune. So many things to fix on this old 13 year old RSX lol.
Depends on the year of your car:
02-04 Hondata Kpro
05-06 KTuner EndUser

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Will a reflash + SRI pass SMOG in CA?
SRI will pass as long as it’s CARB certified. Not sure about the reflash. I passed smog recently with Ktuner End User, but I had to remove the Ktuner hardware from the ECU so that it wouldn’t reset emissions codes. May as well get the End User instead of a reflash if you plan on getting a tune anyways.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Someone please help me, specifically someone who knows a lot about KTUNER..
So heres my situation, i have a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S with ktuner installed
To my knowledge, which is limited because im still learnig how to tune/use ktuner, my 2003 Type-S has a 05/06 ECU
My check engine light is on for “Error Code P0135” which stands for Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1). This indicates the PCM has detected a problem with the bank 1 oxygen sensor.
What I believe is the issue is that my O2 sensor is for the 03 Type-S, but since I have an 05/06 ECU, it is not matching up and is basically non-functional ((my therory, please correct me if I am wrong))
So I am looking to replace the O2 sensor with a wide and sensor that I can use with KTUNER platform to adjust my AFR (air fuel ratio) because as it stands my car is running VERY rich
I found a wideband Sensor online http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=79
So I need to know if this sensor will work with my 2003 Type S with the 05/06 KTUNER ECU, and if not which O2 sensor WILL work for me to...
A) Get rid of P0135 error code
B) Function as the O2 sensor should
C) Be able to adjust AFR, which is a wideband senor I THINK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like I’ve described in the most detailed fashion I can, but if there’s any questions about my car you have please ask them, I’ll clarify anything I can

Some mods if it’s helpful/required
RDX fuel injectors
DC Headers
Greddy full Exhaust
Stock Intake manifold
Cold air intake

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Someone please help me, specifically someone who knows a lot about KTUNER..
So heres my situation, i have a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S with ktuner installed
To my knowledge, which is limited because im still learnig how to tune/use ktuner, my 2003 Type-S has a 05/06 ECU
My check engine light is on for “Error Code P0135” which stands for Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1). This indicates the PCM has detected a problem with the bank 1 oxygen sensor.
What I believe is the issue is that my O2 sensor is for the 03 Type-S, but since I have an 05/06 ECU, it is not matching up and is basically non-functional ((my therory, please correct me if I am wrong))
So I am looking to replace the O2 sensor with a wide and sensor that I can use with KTUNER platform to adjust my AFR (air fuel ratio) because as it stands my car is running VERY rich
I found a wideband Sensor online http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=79
So I need to know if this sensor will work with my 2003 Type S with the 05/06 KTUNER ECU, and if not which O2 sensor WILL work for me to...
A) Get rid of P0135 error code
B) Function as the O2 sensor should
C) Be able to adjust AFR, which is a wideband senor I THINK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like I’ve described in the most detailed fashion I can, but if there’s any questions about my car you have please ask them, I’ll clarify anything I can

Some mods if it’s helpful/required
RDX fuel injectors
DC Headers
Greddy full Exhaust
Stock Intake manifold
Cold air intake
On the website for Ktuner, it states that a second gen RSX O2 is needed. I think that right there is your problem.
http://ktuner.com/rsx/

https://www.kseriesparts.com/DEN-234-9064.html

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
:iamwiths: basically what he said. The 05-06 O2 sensor is a completely different kind of [wideband] sensor, so much so that people tend to refer to it as a narrowband. The 02-04 is a good ol' wideband, but doesn't work with Ktuner, because it doesn't work with the 05-06 ECU

·
Registered
49 Posts
So if I wanted to run a Wideband O2 sensor I’d have to find an 05/06 one? Do those AEM gauge/Sensor kits work? If I put a wideband in do I also need to replace my OEM O2 sensor or is it just an upgraded replacement?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So if I wanted to run a Wideband O2 sensor I’d have to find an 05/06 one? Do those AEM gauge/Sensor kits work? If I put a wideband in do I also need to replace my OEM O2 sensor or is it just an upgraded replacement?
Not sure on the AEM sensor, but I believe you would have to manually wire into your ecu (based on previous threads I read in regards to it).

However, I am sure that just buying an 05-06 sensor will be your easiest fix :)

761 - 780 of 789 Posts