Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

781 - 789 of 789 Posts

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
I think if you want an AFR gauge, your easiest route is to just get the oem 05-06 O2 sensor and get Bluetooth on your Ktuner and run the TunerView app on Android phone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm fresh in the group but need your help. I recently bought a second hand ktuner enduser ecu. How do I tell whether it is an enduser and not just a reflash? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm fresh in the group but need your help. I recently bought a second hand ktuner enduser ecu. How do I tell whether it is an enduser and not just a reflash? Any help is appreciated.
There will be a daughterboard with a Mini USB port plugged into the motherboard of the ECU. You can see it by removing the lid from the ECU. Should look like the pic below, maybe with a different color daughterboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for your help. I did some research and found that I had most probably got the pre revision board judging by the colour. I can't wait to get stuck into tuning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doing some research on RBC’s right now. I have the Ktuner End-User and am interested in purchasing an RBC Intake Manifold for my 06 Type S. I don’t have any tuners nearby so I would have to rock the Reflash #3 for I/RH/E/RBC. Does anyone have any issues running too lean or too rich with just a reflash or would I be okay running it? I understand that I leave power on the table by using a cookie cutter tune but it’s all I got here in Chula Vista haha

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
That sounds like exactly what you should do, man! Unless you're saying you already have a custom tune, then yeah you should get another, but if you are on a reflash/basemap now idk why I would hesitate to run the Reflash #3 for the RBC. If anything it will run slightly rich but that's what reflashes are designed to do -- err on the side of caution

·
Registered
246 Posts
Doing some research on RBC’s right now. I have the Ktuner End-User and am interested in purchasing an RBC Intake Manifold for my 06 Type S. I don’t have any tuners nearby so I would have to rock the Reflash #3 for I/RH/E/RBC. Does anyone have any issues running too lean or too rich with just a reflash or would I be okay running it? I understand that I leave power on the table by using a cookie cutter tune but it’s all I got here in Chula Vista haha
You'll be okay running it. I did the exact same thing I/H/E/Rbc on my 06 and put 10k miles with the base map and did two hard track days. The car did fine but yes it did run rich everywhere and hit 100% injector duty way before redline. In conclusion, I had zero knocks and hit 33mpg on a road trip. Eventually I ended up getting dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Im trying to get Kruger for my base Acura rsx 2002. Do I need to buy anything extra to install it
You need an 05/06 ECU that been modified with Ktuner End User ($700), a conversion harness to utilize the ECU ($170), and a primary O2 sensor for the 05/06 ($100-$130 depending on source).

781 - 789 of 789 Posts