Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was in an excerd parking lots when a lady backed up into my car! left a huge dent the size of a volleyball, luckily i was in the car. I went insurance and they gave me a check for $666.

I was wondering if i should just go through insurance and get this done or if i should just find a way to get my own bumper and install it on my own and save some money.

Anyone know where i can get a satin silver bumper? would it be possible to order one through or from acura and do you know if they come painted?

:dontknow:

Attachments

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
ebay is your best bet. Man what kind of car was she driving and what part hit you

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Your lucky....damage was contained in the bumper only. If it would have damaged the tail light, you probably would need more than $666, but then insurance probably would have given you more $$$ too.

There are a couple of websites that sell Honda and acura OEM parts. The one im thinking about is something like hondaacuraworld.com, but thats not it cuz it aint working. I cant seem to find the page, and i was looking at it last week. But you should be able to get the rear bumper, already painted, and get to pocket a good deal of cash. Good luck.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
acuraautomotiveparts.org

their stuff wouldn't be painted though. best bet is to find someone here in the For Sale section or just go buy an aftermarket one.

·
PEBCAK
547 Posts
if she hit your car, why are you going through your insurance? go to a bodyshop that you know, and let the bodyshop tell her insurance that you need a new bumper. her insurance has to cover all the cost of repair to your car, right?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yeah, but if he buys an OEM bumper(which is prepainted) for 400 bucks, he gets to put $266 in his pocket.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh no i went through her insurance to get the money. Also it was the corner of her rear bumper that hit me and it didnt help that she was driving a mini van. She was in a big hurry, i wasnt parked i was waiting for someone to pull out and i guess she thought i just drove by, so she backed out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea thats what i want to do, find an OEM bumper thats painted and put it on myself which is really easy from what i hear. Then i can pocket some money for my v2 :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
DO NOT get that check for that amount dude,, go to a shop get the biggest estimate you can get, and then get the check.. incurances rip you off, youll end up paying more than $666 to get it done.. shop around for good estimates..and i know for a fact that you will barely cover the price of oem bumper plus paint/install with that amount.. been there..

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
1-go to the most expensive bodyshop in town to get an estimate
2-place a WTF SSM Bumper in the f/s section

u'll get the rear bumper for 200-300 bucks nad get to put everything else in ur pocket

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
HEy you can get a cf rear bumper from clubrsx

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
I thnik the cf rear looks nice i like that more than a cf front bumper plus it comes with cf oem style rear lip

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
HEy 03 what you driving know.Any plans of a new rsx in the future

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took my car to the insurance companies shop, they reviewed the car and gave me an estimate and a list. They said that any of the shops on list would honor thier estimate. So there is no way around it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts