Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SpeedVentures at Laguna Seca Friday January 2nd, 2004!

Seasons Greetings! We're happy to provide a great way to work off all those potato chips and beers the day after New Years at Laguna Seca. See below for more info, or feel free to email or give me a call!

Base Price: $275 one day (early signup discount rate!) Signups after December 24th will be $305.

Instruction:$30 per day instructor fee required for first-timers.

Duration: 1 day / 1h,45m - 2h,20m hours of track time per group!*

Track: The full track at Laguna Seca (Monterrey, CA)

https://www.speedventures.net/event_select.asp

Timing: There are transponders available for rental.

Event Info:

Laguna Seca is a legendary 2.238 mile track in Central California, and one
of the two most in-demand tracks in the west. Come out with us and you'll
get the best track time per dollar value you'll see at Laguna. Test your
skills on the world-famous corkscrew and compare your times to those set by
the big names of ALMS, NASCAR, CART and the stars of yesteryear.

Note: Noise Restrictions at Laguna Seca: There is a noise limit of 90db on
this track, and basically a guy sits off to the right of the track and takes
noise readings. If you go over the limit, you will be black flagged and told
to go into the pits and figure out a way to quiet the car down. People with
loud cars will need to make adjustments for this
event.

There is no aftermarket rollbar requirement for this event.

* Depending on attendance and how much people drive - L.S. imposes strict 25 car limit.

Aaron Bitterman
323-461-4795
[email protected]
http://www.SpeedVentures.net

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm gonna be looking to hit up Laguna sometime in the coming year, unfortunately you guys are only running it early in the year :( won' be able to get up there 'till later in the year

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
547 Posts
too bad it rained... the conditions were pretty poor with the 3 cars crashing, and a lot of spinouts. but hey good event anyways bitterman, it was fun. btw im the passenger guy with brad in the red evo 8.

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
547 Posts
Aaron Bitterman said:
aonso,

Yes, we did have some itermitent showers, but not too bad considering.

Were you in the car with Brad when he did that massive power drift through turn 3 heading for the wall with all four wheels smoking?

That was neat:thumbsup:

Aaron
haha yes i was... infact that was the FIRST turn he took. it was almost d1 drifting style :D. he did it on purpose to showoff a bit... omg but then of course the rest of the track was pretty slippery itself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Having the distinction of being the only RSX at the event, I figure I should post something :)

This was my first time out @ Laguna Seca and I have to admit it's a damn fun track (although that might be a bit skewed since I've only raced Streets of Willow) :laughing:

The rain did sour the day a bit (especially since the day started out so nicely) and I saw spinouts in front and behind me and had one myself but fortunately not too many actual accidents. Overall it was still great fun tho. Sadly, with the weather and my slow learning curve, the best lap I could manage for the day was 2'15. :confused:

Speedventures is nicely organized and a really friendly environment too. Met a lot of cool people (yeah I'm talking about you aonso! :D ) and saw lots of sweet rides. Highly recommended if any of you are on the fence.:thumbsup:

I got some pix up from the event in my gallery:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=998&stype=2&si=warblade

·
Registered
48 Posts
P.S. If you're ever thinking of taking your RSX out to Laguna Seca, be sure to bring some sound dampening equipment for your car. I got flagged in for sound violation (I think they said I was at 94dB) and all I've got is an Injen CAI and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust. Luckily, I brought the factory silencer for my HKS and fortunately that brought me just under but with the rain I wasn't running as hard as I could've been... (most of the time I was just hitting iVTEC in 3rd just as I was passing the sound station)

Speedventures was also informing us that previously some of the S2000's had to put cardboard around their intakes to reduce the noise :confused:

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
547 Posts
Warblade said:
P.S. If you're ever thinking of taking your RSX out to Laguna Seca, be sure to bring some sound dampening equipment for your car. I got flagged in for sound violation (90dB limit I believe) and all I've got is an Injen CAI and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust. Luckily, I brought the factory silencer for my HKS and fortunately that brought me just under but with the rain I wasn't running as hard as I could've been... (most of the time I was just hitting iVTEC in 3rd just as I was passing the sound station)

Speedventures was also informing us that previously some of the S2000's had to put cardboard around their intakes to reduce the noise :confused:
hey remember me? the guy with the rsx that was talking to you. red evo 8 passenger.

what's up?
hey do you remember what type of cars crashed? all i remember was 1 was a 350z. what were the other 2?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah I remember you :) (mentioned you in my first post!)

I didn't see the other two but from what my friend told me, it was the blue RX-8 and the yellow Porsche :eek: I couldn't believe the 350Z came back on the track with its new beauty marks but I guess it ran fine after a little fixup...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Warblade said:
P.S. If you're ever thinking of taking your RSX out to Laguna Seca, be sure to bring some sound dampening equipment for your car. I got flagged in for sound violation (I think they said I was at 94dB) and all I've got is an Injen CAI and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust. Luckily, I brought the factory silencer for my HKS and fortunately that brought me just under but with the rain I wasn't running as hard as I could've been... (most of the time I was just hitting iVTEC in 3rd just as I was passing the sound station)

wow, I've read about the noise level, but just assumed I would be well under the limit considering the kinds of cars they run there :dontknow:

The HKS is pretty loud anyways isn't it?

Sounds like a fun track, hope to get up there soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Laguna is allotted a few unlimited days for ALMS, CART, etc. and a few 105 db days, and some 93's and a bunch of 90's. It's difficult to get days over 90db. 90db is not much noise really. A stock S2000 (stock exhaust) with just an AEM intake breaks 90db. So, yes, we had to build an intake muffler out of cardboard which took care of the problem. 90db is less than that allowed on public streets apparently, so if you're driving up and down the highway outside of Laguna you can make a hell of a lot more noise than you can on the track. But the speed limit ain't 140....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Interesting, I realized after I posted they must be allowed louder days.

I'm going to an airbox so hopefully that won't be as loud as my CAI is.

I'll keep driving Laguna on my PS2 for now :}

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.