Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just want to know the difference betweent the decahs vertical door convertion kit and the lambo kit from vertical door conversion. the decah is $1,895 and the other is worth just 1,399. they both say they come with the same hardware. i just want to know why the big differnce in price? is one better than the other? if so, which one. so far i heard the decah kit sucks because it moves in the air alot. if any one can help please, do this is my last visual upgrade. thanks

8,021 Posts
rsxknight said:
i just want to know the difference betweent the decahs vertical door convertion kit and the lambo kit from vertical door conversion. the decah is $1,895 and the other is worth just 1,399. they both say they come with the same hardware. i just want to know why the big differnce in price? is one better than the other? if so, which one. so far i heard the decah kit sucks because it moves in the air alot. if any one can help please, do this is my last visual upgrade. thanks
I would say that the Vertical doors kit is sturdier than the Decah kit.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
having seen and played with both kits, i'd say that BOTH are less than what i expected.....not sturdy at all and i feel like i'm going to break the doors off the car

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do they come with metal gas shocks lift or a spring type lift? i saw the one with a spring lift on an rsx and it wasn't sturdy at all. i'm hoping they come with a gas power shock. also because i think the gas power shock the door will lift by themselves. tell me if i'm wrong or not. i also heard a rumor the VDC is release a new kit thats more sturdier than the first, is this true?

thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
yeh im still skeptical like the others of the quality and sturdiness of these "kits". lambo doors are definitely appealing w/o doubt but on a daily driven car... :shakehead

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
merlyn said:
having seen and played with both kits, i'd say that BOTH are less than what i expected.....not sturdy at all and i feel like i'm going to break the doors off the car

:iamwiths:

·
28,748 Posts
Just wondering, are these the kinds that in the first "stage" they open normally, and then they go up? What I mind by stage is how when you open the stock door you feel it sorta lock in position and then you can put a bit more force and it goes farther.....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yes, the open out a little bit, then you need to lift them up...they stay up because of some springs..but it feels like you're going to throw out your back while opening and closing the doors

·
What are you made of...
22,072 Posts
I am interested in this doors but I am just kinda scared of the reliability in the long run specially using it everyday, the next thing you'll see is when you open the door it drops right aways :eek:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i want these doors. i think its just different and sleak. an idea i was thinking of is taking a hydrolic pump, like the ones on our trunk. and just put something like that to help support the door and stuff. and you'll hear the *spppooooshh* so you know that its closed and its strudy. well..i dont know if it'll be sturdy and realiable, but just know it'll support it up and down. any one have any personal experience?

-van-

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
the thing about taht is, in the cold, the gas struts might not hold. U never know when a gas strut is gonna give out, my friend's S gave out a couple times.

of course, u probably don't hafta worry about the cold, seeing as your location is "in my pants", huh? lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vertical Doors, Inc vs Decah

The difference I have found out is, Vertical Doors Inc, specifically makes the kit for an RSX. In where Decah ONLY sells a universal kit that requires additional drilling.

I just purchased the kit from verticaldoors.com. They say it takes 2 hours to put on. Try 2 days. I manage to do the system without extending the wires.

Looks very tricked out.

This kit won't be for everyone, Trust me......

·
Registered
188 Posts
PATIENCE is everything with this kit......

The way you open doors, the way you close doors.

I don't mind opening doors for my ladies but now I have to open the doors for the gents :firemad:

Yes it closes like factory after a few adjusments put closing the door it really a [email protected]

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
rsxblkkld said:
PATIENCE is everything with this kit......

The way you open doors, the way you close doors.

I don't mind opening doors for my ladies but now I have to open the doors for the gents :firemad:

Yes it closes like factory after a few adjusments put closing the door it really a [email protected]
what makes it such a pain in the ass ??

I mean can you not just get in and pull the door down and close it like you normally do ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
JustinC said:
what makes it such a pain in the ass ??

I mean can you not just get in and pull the door down and close it like you normally do ?
I've only had the kit for 2 days, so I'm still messing around with it. Instructions for the kit are included but i hardly used it. More of it was common sense. I had to cut about 2 inches of my inner fender.

YOU CANNOT slam the door like you normally do from what I noticed.

After you align it to the hinge, because it works off a shock system, if you pull down the door past the point you aligned it to. It doesn't line up.

What I have to do is close the door softly till it clicks one, then bump the door with my butt.

What I also like is, i don't have to open the door to the upright position to get out. I can still open the door normally to a certain extent and still get out with ease.

·
Registered
188 Posts
mvkicker said:
Is the decah kit the one that you can open it oem style and also vertical?
I inquired about the decah kit from a decah themselves and they told me they DO NO MAKE A KIT for the RSX. Only a universal kit that requires additional drilling.

Thats why I went with the verticaldoors.com kit. No additional drilling. Small modification it to cut the inner fender about 2 inches with tin snips.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts