Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
mvkicker said:
hum, I know I have seen a kit out there for the rsx that opens both oem style and vertical
the verticaldoors.com kit, you can still open the door OEM style and still get out if that's what your asking about. It opens about 3/4 of the way then OEM. I still can get in and out with ease.

To answer that question, no you don't have to raise the door to get out.

Actually, all u need to do is adjust it better so it lines up. From what Ive read, it sounds like you havent adjusted it to make it line up. I could shut mine just like stock and it closes perfectly fine. Also, the door does not open all the way. It only opens about halfway then you have to lift it up just slide out.

merlyn said:
having seen and played with both kits, i'd say that BOTH are less than what i expected.....not sturdy at all and i feel like i'm going to break the doors off the car
If youve looked at Bernie's doors (SocalDc5) his is not really that sturdy because his was the prototype. Bernie checked my doors out and he told me that my doors were a lot sturdier than his. Look for me at car shows and Ill let you check it out.

DesertSilverRSX-S said:
Actually, all u need to do is adjust it better so it lines up. From what Ive read, it sounds like you havent adjusted it to make it line up. I could shut mine just like stock and it closes perfectly fine. Also, the door does not open all the way. It only opens about halfway then you have to lift it up just slide out.
Thanks for the info, like I said I just put them on 2 days ago and i'm still messing with it.

THANKS!

:thumbsup:

you guys have any pictures of the kit? im interested what the actual kit looks like installed, especially how the shock or whatever it is looks like while in the car. thanks a bunch

looks sweet! :thumbsup:

sounds like these things will come unalligned easily with all of the moving directions. It seems like you have to be very carefull to just close the door also. I would love to have these but that is alot of money and i dont' know how reliable these are in the long run.

that's tight... but yeah, my concern is their longevity and reliability as well...

nice car too, rsxblkkld... nice, clean, and simple...

03ebpRSX said:
that's tight... but yeah, my concern is their longevity and reliability as well...

nice car too, rsxblkkld... nice, clean, and simple...
As long as you dont keep slamming them out, it will last for a pretty long time.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.