Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very pleased with the way this turned out, and the best part, it's all scrap material that was left over from a job we did, so it was free. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks awesome!!can u pls take a pic of the bottom of it?
Do you have ur spare tire still?
I kept the spare. All I did was take a 4x4 sheet of 1/2" plywood, glue the floor to it with Liquid Nails, then let it sit with a bunch of weight on it for a few days. Once the glue dried, I traced the outline of the trunk carpet, and cut with a jigsaw. Once you get the shape right it drops right in place.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing I really like is that it is about an 1/8 inch smaller than the carpet, so if I need to haul something that might scratch it, the carpet completely covers it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm all about diy's and modifying stuff, but Wood flooring? Really? You should do your floorboards next, that'd be awesome.....
Hey u could always tell someone that its just in there to take home and put in the utility room once they started making fun of you...

·
Super Moderator
23,654 Posts
I don't feel wood anything should be in a honda.. not that style car...

looks so out of place to me sorry. :vomit:

Unless you plan on putting a pole in the center and having a dance off :rotfl:

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Not feelin it. Maybe if you removed the carpet and had it fitted to the whole trunk, but even then it looks a bit goofy and out of place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts