Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very pleased with the way this turned out, and the best part, it's all scrap material that was left over from a job we did, so it was free. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks awesome!!can u pls take a pic of the bottom of it?
Do you have ur spare tire still?
I kept the spare. All I did was take a 4x4 sheet of 1/2" plywood, glue the floor to it with Liquid Nails, then let it sit with a bunch of weight on it for a few days. Once the glue dried, I traced the outline of the trunk carpet, and cut with a jigsaw. Once you get the shape right it drops right in place.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing I really like is that it is about an 1/8 inch smaller than the carpet, so if I need to haul something that might scratch it, the carpet completely covers it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm all about diy's and modifying stuff, but Wood flooring? Really? You should do your floorboards next, that'd be awesome.....
Hey u could always tell someone that its just in there to take home and put in the utility room once they started making fun of you...

·
Super Moderator
23,792 Posts
I don't feel wood anything should be in a honda.. not that style car...

looks so out of place to me sorry. :vomit:

Unless you plan on putting a pole in the center and having a dance off :rotfl:

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Not feelin it. Maybe if you removed the carpet and had it fitted to the whole trunk, but even then it looks a bit goofy and out of place.

·
@AllMotorRy
7,015 Posts
If you had a woodgrain wheel. And did it to match the whole shape of the trunk that shit would look cool. But you kinda just did part of the tunk with crappy cut corners. Good idea though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts