Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planing on getting a lancer either oz or ralliart, and turbo charging it or some other way of increasing horsepower,but im not to sure how much hp im going to gain. but then again i like the rsx but its about 5k more than the oz lancer and 2k more than the ralliart. Im only 16 so my parents r paying for it. But i met some1 on cardomain.com that bought a lancer oz and turbo charged it for 3k and he says he get 300-330 hp from a stock 120hp. is this true? how much hp can u gain with a turbo charger for around 3k? should i buy rsx and upgrade or lancer and do what the guy i met did(plz keep in mind my parents r paying for this and im sure they dont want to spend above 21k. PLZ HELP?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
timbo4656 said:
im planing on getting a lancer either oz or ralliart, and turbo charging it or some other way of increasing horsepower,but im not to sure how much hp im going to gain. but then again i like the rsx but its about 5k more than the oz lancer and 2k more than the ralliart. Im only 16 so my parents r paying for it. But i met some1 on cardomain.com that bought a lancer oz and turbo charged it for 3k and he says he get 300-330 hp from a stock 120hp. is this true? how much hp can u gain with a turbo charger for around 3k? should i buy rsx and upgrade or lancer and do what the guy i met did(plz keep in mind my parents r paying for this and im sure they dont want to spend above 21k. PLZ HELP?
I don't think the engine could hold that much boost.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
timbo4656 said:
Try asking this on a Lancer board to see if this is "true".

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
210whp for $3000, if thats the case you'd have to be boosting pretty high. So eithers it's going to be bullshit or hella unreliable. just IMO by the way.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If you buy a lancer it will loose half of its value withen the first year. A RSX is a better investment and looks alot better. Also you can turbo it for $3300 too.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Dude if your parents don't want to spend more than 21k just go and get an 02 type-s or base.........you could then slap a turbo on it for a couple of grand like my man above said...........hope to see you in an rsx and not a lancer because imo they are :lame: and look like poop !!!!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
why bother turboing a lancer? pick up an EVO then...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Go get a used POS to learn to drive with so you dont raise our insurance rates.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey n00b, why are you asking lancer questions on an RSX board ... Do some research and look around on this site ... they are PLENTY of threads and people with stage 1 ($3,000 turbo kits) on this site ... then go to a lancer forum and ask them the lancer turbo questions. You will get 10x better resale value with an RSX.
OR you can get a POS and learn how to drive first befor you get a 20K RSX and then spend 3k+ boosting it and then spending 5K+ getting a new motor becasue you don't know how to drive and you blew the motor!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok my mistake man, shit yo im a noob but damn u were 1 2 so plz SHUT THE FUCK UP. I planed on getting the rsx anyway i was just curious as to how mch hp i would gain and if the guy on cardomain was correct.

INFAMOUSImage00 said:
Hey n00b, why are you asking lancer questions on an RSX board ... Do some research and look around on this site ... they are PLENTY of threads and people with stage 1 ($3,000 turbo kits) on this site ... then go to a lancer forum and ask them the lancer turbo questions. You will get 10x better resale value with an RSX.
OR you can get a POS and learn how to drive first befor you get a 20K RSX and then spend 3k+ boosting it and then spending 5K+ getting a new motor becasue you don't know how to drive and you blew the motor!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Go get a job and buy a decent car when you are 20, that way MY insurance rates don't go up because you crash and die ;)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
timbo4656 said:
ok my mistake man, shit yo im a noob but damn u were 1 2 so plz SHUT THE FUCK UP. I planed on getting the rsx anyway i was just curious as to how mch hp i would gain and if the guy on cardomain was correct.
heh, ignore him timbo, he is an e-thug.. look at the name, the sig.. he's hardcore yo. Best not mess with da best.

HP gains are discussed in the stickies in this forum. Looking from 30-60 depending on the kit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank u scud thats all i needed to kno :) as for that fucker who called me a noob, i really douibt that he is the best . if i were to race him a year form now I would prolly beat him with just 6 months to a year form getting my car. And who the hell said i was gonna crash? im not that damn stupid to race in the rain or try to drift inches aways form a fuckin cliff. if i can controll a van on a drift and not fish tail out, im damn sure i can controll a sport compact car.

Scud said:
heh, ignore him timbo, he is an e-thug.. look at the name, the sig.. he's hardcore yo. Best not mess with da best.

HP gains are discussed in the stickies in this forum. Looking from 30-60 depending on the kit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
First I never said I was the best, you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. If you can't take a little opinion then you are DEAD in the real world. ALSO if you really want to get into racing me you are more then welcome to try when ever you are ready, not to brag but as a 411 to ya, I have been driving for 5 years now & the past 2 years I have driven a Viper at 140+mph on the Nashville Super Speedyway oval and road corse AND I have passed/graduated the Skip Barber Viper Racing School. I have So If you really want to give it shot you are more then welcome to look me up when ever you are ready. You just tell me which track and when to be there!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Scud said:

and for your 411, my SN is an old car club I used to be in, my sig is something a friend made me for my DJ name ... if you have a problem with something just let me know ... but I don't remember asking for your 2cts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
INFAMOUSImage00 said:
and for your 411, my SN is an old car club I used to be in, my sig is something a friend made me for my DJ name ... if you have a problem with something just let me know ... but I don't remember asking for your 2cts.
first of all i wasnt the fone who said u were the best right offf the batt. i just repeaded what another poster said. Secondly skip barber my ass. i dont care if u can race on a tack i race on the streets, freeways, highways, and what not. u raced and passed skip barber in a viper...it that ur car...nooooo!!! once i get turbo, intercooler,headers,exaust,inatke,rims,wheels, than ill own ur ass.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Actual my Father owns 2 vipers that I drive DAILY. Sorry if Im safe and keep my racing to the tracks. BUT if you want to keep you little dick hard I am more then willing to race you in you car when you get it boosted ... I run my car with just Intake and Exhasut .... and I don't own an RSX and It won't be in the Viper ... let me know when you are ready!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts