Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have a laptop, nor do i have access to one. i was wondering that if i just got a usb extension to run outside my house (20 or 30 feet) if that would work. i wont do any tuning for the time being, just need to load the hondata k20a program up. any feedback will help. thanks

anthony

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
corso28 said:
i dont have a laptop, nor do i have access to one. i was wondering that if i just got a usb extension to run outside my house (20 or 30 feet) if that would work. i wont do any tuning for the time being, just need to load the hondata k20a program up. any feedback will help. thanks

anthony
you don't have to have a laptop, you just need a pc with a usb connection, a laptop is just portable

Also USB can only be ran 15ft without using a repeater every junction. So you may just move the pc to your garage or run it on an extension cord out to where you are going to need it

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
corso28 said:

anthony
Please do that and take pictures of you sitting in your house tuning your car in the driveway. The mental picture alone is worth a million words.

You could always get a USB cable that is several miles long and dyno-tune it too. As long as you don't have a dial up connection. Youre gonna need the phone line so the guys at the shop can tell you to do in the program. :laughing:

I am just fockin with ya man. You could do that, but you couldn't optimize it because the car will not be on a dyno or getting any a/f readings. You would just be able to select between the settings that Hondata has preprogrammed on the software.

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well whenever it would need to be dyno tuned i'd just bring it up to the shop and use their laptop. well..... more of HE would use the laptop up there. i dont trust myself with any of that stuff. but ok....... k-pro it is. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
corso28 said:
well whenever it would need to be dyno tuned i'd just bring it up to the shop and use their laptop. well..... more of HE would use the laptop up there. i dont trust myself with any of that stuff. but ok....... k-pro it is. thanks for the help guys.
I still want you to take that picture. Even funnier though would be if you ran an extension cord out to your driveway and put your PC on the ground next to the car. :laughing:

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigDawg said:
I still want you to take that picture. Even funnier though would be if you ran an extension cord out to your driveway and put your PC on the ground next to the car. :laughing:

hahaha..... that is SO something that i'd do... considering i'd do just about anything to improve my car

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
alanb said:
go the whole way

put the pc in the car!

There you, and put the keyboard in your lap in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
hey man don't diss that idea. me and a couple of other RSX guys have already done it. although for right now we're just using the computer as a mp3/media player.

·
Speedy
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will need a laptop if you want to do any datalogging during a run on the road. You can datalog on the dyno if you use their lap, however you would have to install the software and driver on their PC first. ;)

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alanb said:
go the whole way

put the pc in the car!

after thinking about this, thats exactly what im going to do. i'll shove the hard drive in the back seat and the monitor on the floorboard in the front seat for a couple days. just to adjust a couple rev limits and settings. i'll hae to use a 12v outlet of course with a power converter, but wow this will be a site to see. pics will be posted wednesday :p

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hah well i'm a little late with pics. i decided i wasnt giong to do any datalogging until i can afford a cheap laptop. for the time being, here's a couple pics with the computer strung out to the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's sick. Get yourself a bluetooth for that beast! owned:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Go to CompUSA, buy a laptop, tune your car, return laptop before the "14 day-no questions asked" return policy, runs out. Guys do that all the time with wide screen TVs for the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
corso28 said:
hah well i'm a little late with pics. i decided i wasnt giong to do any datalogging until i can afford a cheap laptop. for the time being, here's a couple pics with the computer strung out to the car.
hahaha

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
corso28 said:
AWESOME!!!!! :laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts