Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran a 13.7 if you see one of my other posts in this section. Now I want to go back and lauch the car higher. I'm riding on 17" stockies with Drag Radials. At 5500 RPMS I popped clutch and the tires hooked, however I was spinning in first gear. I was thinnnking should I try launching at 6500??? I want my 60ft to be a 1.9 or 2.0, I'm at 2.1 right now.

·
Registered
703 Posts
if you launch higher you may trap a higher speed but at the cost of your 60' time. and your overall et will be higher :thumbsdow
first try dropping some tire pressure to 18-20 psi then bump your launch rpm up in 500 rpm increments and see what the effects are.

229,253 Posts
if you launch higher you may trap a higher speed but at the cost of your 60' time. and your overall et will be higher :thumbsdow
first try dropping some tire pressure to 18-20 psi then bump your launch rpm up in 500 rpm increments and see what the effects are.
:iamwiths:

24 psi is way too high.

·
los crillodillos?
397 Posts
You dont need tolaunch that high. Theres a better way to launch that doesnt involve dumping the clutch. Try launching at 4k, give it gas as your slipping it. This way you just dont go into an endless burnout. If you search for the threat myself and k20a2 were talking about this.

·
Orange Member
5,276 Posts
You dont need tolaunch that high. Theres a better way to launch that doesnt involve dumping the clutch. Try launching at 4k, give it gas as your slipping it. This way you just dont go into an endless burnout. If you search for the threat myself and k20a2 were talking about this.
Yeah imma try it that way when tracks open next month, I got the exact same wheel setup as ts:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.