Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I'm sure you all have, just haven't been able to find the right posts on the board...
Any success? I know that 1st gear goes real fast in these cars, especially with pulleys and all that jazz...
What if you start in second? Bad idea?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
you are joking right?? Nobody in the right mind would launch a car in second gear and expect to be competitive. You have to learn the finese of launching a front wheel drive car in first gear, thats the end of this tread!! There is no ifs and buts. :wavey:
 

· I am a non smoker
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
REDLINE JUNKIE said:
you are joking right?? Nobody in the right mind would launch a car in second gear and expect to be competitive. You have to learn the finese of launching a front wheel drive car in first gear, thats the end of this tread!! There is no ifs and buts. :wavey:
haha, i like the way u said it... :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts
I've heard of people with like Corvettes and high powered rwd v8's doing this. Helps with traction and they have enough to make it not too much. But definately not a good idea in your lil 4 banger with no low end.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
pints99 said:
I've heard of people with like Corvettes and high powered rwd v8's doing this. Helps with traction and they have enough to make it not too much. But definately not a good idea in your lil 4 banger with no low end.
Yes, torque would be a prerequisite for a successful 2nd gear launch. Lol at an RSX launching in 2nd
 

· Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
JTSmith said:
LOL at a turbo 2.4 running 13's.
Oohh, ouch. How much in mods did it take you to run what I did stock and 1st time at the track? When I'm runnin 12's for under a grand on street tires I'm sure my feelings will still be hurt. Oh wait, you win because you have VTEC, more HP/L, and a nicer interior :thumbsup:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Where did I say anthing about money? It's just pathetic you're running well over 10lbs of boost on a 2.4 and only run mid 13's.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
JTSmith said:
Where did I say anthing about money? It's just pathetic you're running well over 10lbs of boost on a 2.4 and only run mid 13's.
I'm not going to justify that ricer "10 lbs of boost on a 2.4" comment because it is obvious you know nothing about how compression ratios factor into boost pressure and the gains received from it. I'll leave you to wallow in your ignorance. And I compared the money because I think its funny you spent a grand or two to run my stock times and saying how pathetic they are. I'll invest roughly half the money you already have and be into the 12's with no traction.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
satchmo said:
I'm not going to justify that ricer "10 lbs of boost on a 2.4" comment because it is obvious you know nothing about how compression ratios factor into boost pressure and the gains received from it. I'll leave you to wallow in your ignorance. And I compared the money because I think its funny you spent a grand or two to run my stock times and saying how pathetic they are. I'll invest roughly half the money you already have and be into the 12's with no traction.
Obviously you know nothing of the gains from being able to run more ignition timing b/c of your lower compression ratio.

Dude, face it. A b18c1 with a lame c/r of 10:1 will put WELL over 300 to the wheels with 15lbs of boost.

Quit being gay and thinking your neon is cool b/c it's cheap and it's got a turbo.
 

· R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
Joined
·
4,713 Posts
JTSmith said:
Obviously you know nothing of the gains from being able to run more ignition timing b/c of your lower compression ratio.

Dude, face it. A b18c1 with a lame c/r of 10:1 will put WELL over 300 to the wheels with 15lbs of boost.

Quit being gay and thinking your neon is cool b/c it's cheap and it's got a turbo.

lol.......at that last comment........
 

· Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
JTSmith said:
Dude, face it. A b18c1 with a lame c/r of 10:1 will put WELL over 300 to the wheels with 15lbs of boost.

Quit being gay and thinking your neon is cool b/c it's cheap and it's got a turbo.
Are you aware they make different trims of turbochargers? 10 pounds of boost on a small turbocharger is nothing compared to 10 pounds on a large turbocharger. Thats why many SRT-4's simply swap turbos, run the same boost as stock and see gains of anywhere from 100-200 horsepower to the wheels. The stock TD-04 is a small turbocharger, meaning it runs fairly high boost to make decent power. Definitely the weak part of the powertrain. Who said I thought my neon was so cool? Its quick and very easily modded. Thats it. Sounds like someone has performance envy. Nice torque numbers. Look good for a modded vehicle. About the same as a stock Neon SXT, lol.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
TravRSX said:
then you'll blow up because your car is a dodge :)
Bwahahaha the guy with a base talking trash. I can at least respect the Type S's for performance potential. A base is like a fuckin V6 mustang or camaro. What's the point? I could see if you just wanted a cheaper RSX and leave it stock, but the people who try to mod them make me laugh.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top