Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going to the track either tonight or next friday night (hopefully it wont rain tonight :thumbsdow ).

Anyways, I have a k24/k20 frank w/ sc60, 3" DP, kpro, etc....putting down ~360whp and 305wtq on pump 93 @11lbs. I have some 15" rims running the M&H slicks (24.5x8.5) and last year I went to the track and only got 2 passes on the slicks. And both of them were near 3 seconds...I know :laughat:

I've been doing a lot of research on antilag setups, but I dont know if I really want to put my daily driver through that. So does anyone have any advice?? If I set the revlimiter at (for example) 4500, then I wont be able to burn them off in 2nd gear w/o killing my clutch. I could set it a 6k and get a good burnout, but I dont know if launching at 6k will work.

Any ideas/help??

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
First i would never put anti-lag on my daily driver, it is way to much wear on the turbo in the first place and just seems unnecessary for an everyday car thats not dedicated to just track use. Second you should be able to launch at 6k with slicks without a problem, just get them nice and sticky, i launch and 4k on stock tires (granted you have about 160 more whp) and was able to launch at 6k on BFG kdw's with almost no spin

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First i would never put anti-lag on my daily driver, it is way to much wear on the turbo in the first place and just seems unnecessary for an everyday car thats not dedicated to just track use. Second you should be able to launch at 6k with slicks without a problem, just get them nice and sticky, i launch and 4k on stock tires (granted you have about 160 more whp) and was able to launch at 6k on BFG kdw's with almost no spin
I'm not going run antilag...I've seen some videos :ugh: . I have vtec set at 5k, so I'm either going to launch at 5 and then try 6k if that dont work. I'm looking for some 1.8 60's...I would settle for some 1.9's :dontknow: . 7's E.T. in the 1/8 mile. Going to be heading out in a few minutes...I'll report back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
launch @ 6500rpm -7000rpm

put the slicks @10-13 psi

after that hold on 1st gear is going to go quick

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
launch @ 6500rpm -7000rpm

put the slicks @10-13 psi

after that hold on 1st gear is going to go quick
I redline at 7200...so I was thinking around 6k, but I'll have to try it next week....5k, 5.5k, 6k, and 6.5k. Fuckin rain :firemad:

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay...I should/might be going tonight. Last friday a fuckin tornado (literally) came through, so I obviously didn't get to go.

Now they are calling for rain from 6-10 tonight...WTF!! I dont think it will though.

Anyways, I'm going to try a 6k dump...I guess. I mean I just heat them up (I can do that good) and literally dump it at 6k?? Dont let out till ~35mph. That was killing me last season, I was shifting into 2nd at like 20 mph :laughat: , and bogging 2nd.

Also, Ecko01, is 10-13 a good starting point or what I should end up at? Stupid question, but how do I know if I'm running too little or too much pressure? I'm assuming if I bog its too low and if I spin its too high...but I want to be sure. Do I need any kind of bead sealer or tube on these???

thanks
:thumbsup:

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talked w/ John eairler today..he said tubes arn't absolutly needed, but if they are leaking down or you not running a metal valve stem (which I am). I mentioned to him about my tire spinning on the rim, and he recommended running screws...so I guess I might end up doing that....I'm going to do a little more reseach before I do that though.

6k dump and it bogged bad (probley due to tire spinning on the outside of the rim)...after I got going, 1st gear was useful again. lol. I suck at driving :thumbsdow

·
Registered
797 Posts
i run screws in my race wheels its ok....go to you drag strip on a sunday and look around all of the cars have screws in the wheels....you do not want them spinning on the rim. if they are spinning and for some reason you get tire shake you could brake the bead loose which means a flat tire...i see where you wrote you cant do a 2 gear burn out with the 2step at 4500...if you run anti lag it will make boost at 4500 and you will have no problems doing a burn out...if your car is tuned right you will not hurt anything using antilag..

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i run screws in my race wheels its ok....go to you drag strip on a sunday and look around all of the cars have screws in the wheels....you do not want them spinning on the rim. if they are spinning and for some reason you get tire shake you could brake the bead loose which means a flat tire...i see where you wrote you cant do a 2 gear burn out with the 2step at 4500...if you run anti lag it will make boost at 4500 and you will have no problems doing a burn out...if your car is tuned right you will not hurt anything using antilag..
Yeah I started looking around at it last night...and there are a lot of cars running wheel/tire locks with screws or rings and screws.

Oside...I've looked at getting some weld racing prostars, guarenteed tubeless. Also, they are available in 15x7 and 15x8...which would be better for the M&H's?? How much do your draglites weigh (fronts)? My rims that I'm running with the slicks weighs 41lbs. What would you personally do?

a 2 step 4500 in 2nd wouldnt light them up. Last night, I had a little trouble getting them smoking good with a 6500 dump in 2nd...it kinda bogged some and then did a sad little burnout. I backed up and did it again and they smoked good. I just need to do something :firemad: . I feel like the only fucktard with a ~400whp car that cant get even a 2.0x 60'.

The tune is rock solid. Great a/f, no knocks, nothing at all wrong with it.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
damn i wish i had been there man. Let me know a head of time next time and i will make sure i don't arrang any trips that day lol fucking atlanta traffic.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.