Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
VBP- VeryBigPen0r
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:driving:

i hear that for AWD cars...getting that short sqeak sounding is the best when peeling off.

would that be good for our FWD cars? or..would it be faster if we peeled for like...2-3 seconds?

i recently sqeaked my tires...off a start...i think it does give me a better start

·
Registered
48 Posts
burn your tires up dont be scared..u need to get a feel of when your car is grabbing traction...it will spin but youll hit the limiter slow then it will start to hit the limiter fast thats when u know ur tires are hooking...

·
Registered
159 Posts
has anyone tried using the factory rev limiter to launch. i just thought of it today and tried it out(launching at 5200) and it seemed to work pretty good. you just need to feather out the clutch nicely. i dont know if its bad for the car or not so id like to see what other people think about it before i start doing it all the time. i just figured it would work nice till i can get k-pro and set a launch control.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i used to have a 5.0L they launch completely different from a fwd car. first off they have signifigantly lower power band all my torque came it at about 2800 as well as the fact that they are solid rear axle. I found with my 2003 rsx type s launching at 2000 with a tiny squeal gave me best results. Launching at 2000 I went 14.9 @ 92 mph on a bone stock 2003 rsx type s.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
AznClubRSX said:
there's still debate over which one is better...chirping the tires or peeling off
there no such debate. its common sense.

Chirping is breaking the tires loose for a "quick" sec if its even a sec. This happens when shift gears fast enough or a low idle launch.

"Peeling off" as you say it is retarded as your breaking traction, in which you need traction to get going. This is when your launching too high and you sit and spin and even though you think its all cool your really not going anywhere.

You don't wanna break traction at all but it will happen even with slicks if you have enough power. Launch too low and you will bog which will hurt your times also. SO basically your gonna have to find the happy medium. Try launching at that limiter boosted and you'll get a 15-16 sec pass cause you'll be roasting the tires 1-2nd

·
She loves me :D
6,866 Posts
I haven't launch my car yet. What should I expect? What should I rev at? Or should I just save my practice and race to find out?

·
RoLlInG sToNeD
1,039 Posts
ive found that 2000 RPM's is the sweet spot for launching.
if u do it just right, u should chirp your tires and gain instant traction.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Ray Fink1e said:

maybe in a N/A setup.

·
Weightlifting Master
3,311 Posts
Ray Fink1e said:

Are we talking just dumping the clutch? The best I did was 2.3 and thats like 3000-3500 feathering the clutch.

I raced my dad's 350z tha other night, first time racing a rwd and first time ever launching his car i got a 2.1, its sooooooooooooooo much easier than our cars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had a 95 LS with CAI and exhaust, spraying 65. I let the tires down to 22 lbs. I could leave the line wide open, not purged on street tires. But that's not common. Yeah, common sense...you line up next to someone and spin and watch them from the back. You don't go anywhere when you spin, I.E "No Traction". You have to know what the best point is for you to leave without spinning. If you have to roll off about 3 grand and accelerate that'll work, many people do it.

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
drop the clutch at 3k with motor mounts, feathering will wear out ur clutch much faster, i pulled a 2.20 on all season tires dropping at 3k with ESMM and just intake, dropped the tire pressure to about anywhere between 16-20 depending on track condition

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.