Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Chicago region SCCA hosts a drivers school on Aprill 1rst & 2nd at Route 66 in Joliet. Go to http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2006/learncurve.html for more info. $100 for 2 days of instruction and there is only 2 -3 students per instructor so you get tons of time. Its a Saturday & Sunday too. I did it last year and got hooked. I ended up doing 16 events last year. Even if you don't plan on racing it shows you how to control your car at the limits. Worthwhile for any driver. :driving:

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
I just registered for this. 2-day course the week before Event 1.... can't beat that.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Only a hundred bucks? For two days?

Man, that's a steal compared to the DC region novice schools...

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
Yeah, but it's a real basic course.... geared at newbs. Nothing compared to the Evolution Phase I. It's great seat-time though.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
So are the Novice one-day schools here. Our Level 1 schools are quite basic, too -- figure-8 drills and slalom drills for the first half of the day, and a basic multi-element autocross course the second half. I haven't seen the more advanced levels, though, so I'm not sure what they do.

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's gonna fill up very soon! If anyone's interested sign up very soon. It has sold out every year.

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only 4 spots left! Prolly be gone by the time you read this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts