Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a change of heart and have a lot of questions.

I am looking to turbo a RSX Type S 05-06.

I want to do all the work myself because it simply feels better lol. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!! Aside from buying a turbo kit i would like to know what options i can go with when i need to tune the car. I am not 100 percent sure what exactly i need to do. There are threads that explain the difference between KPRO and KTUNER but which one is really better in the long run when i want to set up the turbo and make more hp? Will i need another ECU for the KPRO? What else do i need aside from ADD-ON ECU parts?

Also i am very new to turbo so i was going to go with CXRacing turbo kit just to get my foot in the door then upgrade accordingly.

I want a turbo around 8-12 psi, after i get that then i will start with the additional supporting mods.

I have learned a lot from this forum!!!! Very Informative !!! Help

·
2night I wear a small hat
8,650 Posts
Ive had a change of heart and have a lot of questions.

I am looking to turbo a RSX Type S 05-06.

I want to do all the work myself because it simply feels better lol. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!! Aside from buying a turbo kit i would like to know what options i can go with when i need to tune the car. I am not 100 percent sure what exactly i need to do. There are threads that explain the difference between KPRO and KTUNER but which one is really better in the long run when i want to set up the turbo and make more hp? Will i need another ECU for the KPRO? What else do i need aside from ADD-ON ECU parts?

Also i am very new to turbo so i was going to go with CXRacing turbo kit just to get my foot in the door then upgrade accordingly.

I want a turbo around 8-12 psi, after i get that then i will start with the additional supporting mods.

I have learned a lot from this forum!!!! Very Informative !!! Help
For the 05-06 model you will need to get an OEM PRB ECU from a 02 - 04 RSX-S then send it out to Hondata so they can mod it and send it back to you. It will also come with the harness adapter was well so you can plug and play once you get it back. Also you will need a primary oxygen sensor from the 02-04 RSX or 02-05 Civic Si, the stock 05-06 rsx one will not work. As for the best engine management system it is all based upon opinion. I like k-pro and it has been around for a while now and it is proven to work just fine. I don't know much about KTuner only that it is cheaper than K-Pro for the 05-06 models. There is also Haltech but again I know little about it.

As for what else you will need well a shit load of supporting mods depending on your power level. There are tons of threads on here about this so I am not going to get into them. As for a starter kit that is also based off your power level you should figure out where you want to be and then go from there. The Gready kit with the Full-Race turbo upgrade is not a bad place to start. One of my buddies was on that setup a while back and made 346 to the wheels I believe. But for me I would do a Full-Race kit. I just like them and they are quality kits. Well good luck with the build and have fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the 05-06 model you will need to get an OEM PRB ECU from a 02 - 04 RSX-S then send it out to Hondata so they can mod it and send it back to you. It will also come with the harness adapter was well so you can plug and play once you get it back. Also you will need a primary oxygen sensor from the 02-04 RSX or 02-05 Civic Si, the stock 05-06 rsx one will not work. As for the best engine management system it is all based upon opinion. I like k-pro and it has been around for a while now and it is proven to work just fine. I don't know much about KTuner only that it is cheaper than K-Pro for the 05-06 models. There is also Haltech but again I know little about it.

As for what else you will need well a shit load of supporting mods depending on your power level. There are tons of threads on here about this so I am not going to get into them. As for a starter kit that is also based off your power level you should figure out where you want to be and then go from there. The Gready kit with the Full-Race turbo upgrade is not a bad place to start. One of my buddies was one that setup a while back and made 346 to the wheels I believe. But for me I would do a Full-Race kit. I just like them and they are quality kits. Well good luck with the build and have fun. :thumbsup:
Dam I thought I could go around changing the ECU .. So I have to not only buy the turbo kit , I have to find an older ecu and send it to hondata.. Then after that get the car tuned ? I am also trying to find a turbo kit with a sidewinder manifold (I just like how it looks) and the only one I can find was the full race . But fuck it lol it's a hobby.

·
2night I wear a small hat
8,650 Posts
Dam I thought I could go around changing the ECU .. So I have to not only buy the turbo kit , I have to find an older ecu and send it to hondata.. Then after that get the car tuned ? I am also trying to find a turbo kit with a sidewinder manifold (I just like how it looks) and the only one I can find was the full race . But fuck it lol it's a hobby.
Got to pay to play sir :vtec:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts