Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Leather care

Tags
care leather
2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  Man O'War 
#1 ·
What do you recommend as far as a cleaner and conditioner as well what do you not recommend. I got some meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner thats what the guy at the store said was best and it was like 5$ so i got it. I dont know if it was me or not but it left a little bit of a hazy white color on my seats.

#9 ·

Thats the stuff i got. I used a micro fiber cloth to wipe it on and off. Do you think i may have just put to much of the stuff on or didn't wipe it off enough.

I heard armoral was horrible. Any truth to that.
i user armor all leather wipes on my leather seats. its works good. :giggity:

#14 ·
I hate all the meg's line, it makes my seat all sticky and weird. I use pinnacle's leather and vinyl cleaner and I got some of this

http://autogeek.net/16ozsucigavo.html

and it works pretty well. I got it for free at one time but I'm not planning on buying more. I'd rather use 303 Aerospace

http://autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

Both products leave my seats looking slightly darker but still dry looking, not wet from what I've seen from armorall and meg's. And they don't make the seat all sticky afterword either.

I heard the seats aren't even completely wrapped in leather, just what you sit on. My invoice says leather wrapped steering wheel and nothing about the seats.

#18 ·
Zymol cleaner and conditioner, then protected with Duragloss silicone free dressing.

#22 ·
truth to that... im going to pick up lexol and give that a try... uv protectant after that i assume..

#24 ·
I love the Megs wipes, the new formula is pretty grease free as advertised so you're hands arent all slippery afterwards. I usually let the seats "bake" for about an hour before I climb in just to make sure the moisturizers soak in.

No stickyness, no greasyness here though, even after I jump in 5-10 mins after I'm done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.