Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would I have to do to take this top secret bumper and knock out the center and fabricate the new center? or just leave it to a professional?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, you know on the top secret bumper how it has that small opening vent? what i was thinking was taking that whole section out where the regular grill would be...the reason why its totally differnt because of that whole missing area...

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
o0o0 i get ya, for something like that, i would go to a shop depending on your experience. Also depending on the make (cheapness) of the bumper, if it is good quality it will be less work of course, but the bigger the pos it is the more they charge and the more they will complain to you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmMm...for shits and giggles how would i even start on this asscrazy project? (prolly gonna go to a profesional on this one)

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
well first you would have to cut out what you want to be replaced, then im guessing you would have to make a mold of what you want to replace it with somehow, then when the mold is done you have to put it together with the other thing. To make the mold you need a piece from what you want it to look like. For example, if you want it without the scoop and with the big empty space, you need to get a bumper w/ that deisgn, mold out that part, then put it on your new bumper. Its long and time consuming, not to mention difficult if you dont have the knowledge and equipment. good luck, let us know how it looks and comes out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sounds like hell on earth! haha i'll let you know how it turns out even though i dont quite own an rsx yet, though this should be good investment, plannin to get an rsx this summer, but im just messin around with ideas and have an playbook to follow on and get my budget set, oh yea props to Tbone for the inspiration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts