Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey guys, sorry to post a new thread, i didn't want to post this in a ancient thread. From what i've gathered there's a blue/white wire that gives the constant power to the dome light and a green/red that's the variable ground to cancels out the current. So i took my door panel off and the harness that controls the locks has this blue/white wire in it. would this be the same blue/white that controls the dome light? I want to put some single red LEDs in the pockets and in the door handle. I'm also putting in some red underdash LEDs while Im at it.

This is the harness in the door that connected to the door lock.

This is the harness i found under the dash with the blue/white and green/red wires

I basically already know how to do this, I just don't want to go splicing and exposing wires if its the wrong ones.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
Did you use a multimeter or a dummy test light to see if they get power of course when the dome comes on.

Also in photobucket use IMG tags. I fixed your post for you

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
I don't know any of these answers for sure. But our dome light is controlled by, I believe, the multiplexer/tk-421/flux capacitor thingy. It switches and dims the light per many different inputs. It doesn't like to be messed with. It doesn't even like different bulbs. If it were me; I'd just run or tap a different power source. I learned all this the hard way. I hope you have better luck.

·
Certified Ziptie Tech
419 Posts
I did this a while ago with a 3 way switch to it (On/Off/Doors) I cant remember what I tied into for all of them but I know I spliced in the drivers side A piller. If no one chimes in with an answer I'll pull mine apart and check when I get time to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts