Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I bought an Acura rsx type s back in December 2014, I replaced all 4 rotors and brakes.it has new tires already on. Life happened and I stopped working to go to school and I just left her sitting all year. I was ready to get her going in the summer but my damn brother lost my key and after that I lost interest. Winter is coming and I have the funds,payed my debts and got the key. I was wondering what should be done other than get an oil change ,new sparkplugs and get it tuned. It has a kpro installed but shows a CEL . I just want it running right now, I'm going to charge the battery at autozone and then turn her on tomarrow, but what else should I do to winterize her ?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I know how you feel man. I was also in a similar situation as you. My car was parked from late winter 2012-mid 2014 summer with a burnt out clutch. Swapped a new one in and snow came flying down and it was parked again right away till this past spring 2015.

With snow coming soon, I say get her back up to date by finding out her problems and just cruise her arounf with what time you have left if you plan on putting her back to sleep for winter and just wait for 2016

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
For sure get it started and running. Get that old gas all used up and put a fresh tank in. It might not be worth getting a tune done until the spring. Just get it running and cleaned up for now. Drive it around to get the tranny and clutch used a bit too. The battery is probably beyond recharge, but you can try. Being dead for a year, batteries tend to go bad and need replacement.

·
Lurker since 06
2,093 Posts
I would say replace most fluid if it sat so long.
Not circulating anything could've accumulated corrosion in a lot of places.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.