Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Legally Turbo RSX For Street Use Not In California

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  marsman328 
#1 ·
Wondering if there was a way to turbo an rsx type s with emmisions testing. Whether it takes custom work to do so or not. I do not live in california. Thought about getting a PO box with a physical address with a suite number but I dont know if that will pass. Before you guys say anything I am a noob and yes I habe searched about this before creating a thread. Ive been told it is possible with welding on a high flow cat but I've also heard that isnt possible. Thank you for the information.

#3 · (Edited)
Just get a KPRO and you'll be able to pass. All that they will do for the emissions test is hook to your ODB2 port and scan to see if there are any ODB codes and that the drive cycles tests are complete. Kpro has an option [SET Readiness] that will show the drive cycles as complete. you can also enable/disable the rear o2 sensor which will allow you to pass emissions without a cat. i passed with just a down pipe (primary o2 only) and a turn down.

I almost forgot, they will take off your gas cap and test it to make sure it seals. i failed that gas cap test but got the guy to test a new gas cap he had for another vehicle.

#6 ·
KPRO doesn't pass inspection in Massachusetts. The system now recognizes that the ECU isn't OEM and is actively looking for force readiness codes. Just an FYI.

I'd ask the locals if they have any issues. Talk to guys like the STI/EVO/APR Tuned Volkswagens and anyone with a reflash if they've had issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.