Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i got a 06 type-s with 18500 miles and the trans is messed up 2nd/3rd and last nite poped out of 4th... i had acura replace the trans fluid for the updated version which they said will stop the problems but now it feels worse its so notchy (spelling) after they changed the fluid its not smooth as the day i bought it. I havent raced it ever and i dont beat the shit out of it and its not my first stick car. If acura tells me theres nothing wrong when i drop it of wed is there anything i can do? It really sucks cause i have wanted a integra ever since i noticed them at the autoshow in 1999 and by far the worst car i haved owned yet

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Popped out of fourth? havent heard of that before.

RSX Trannies suck to hell. It's something you've got to live with unless you have deep pockets.

·
I love my rally car
15,937 Posts
Popped out of fourth? havent heard of that before.

RSX Trannies suck to hell. It's something you've got to live with unless you have deep pockets.
Not mines. I have over 140,000 miles on mines and it doesn't grind, pop out or anything like that. Just change your fluid frquently and stick with honda mtf.

Most people that have gear grinding problems are drag racers because they power shift (wot shifting) and jam into the next gear even though it's not going in and grinding it to hell. My uncle is a mechanic and he tells me he gets a lot of ricers fucking up their trannies (b-series, d-series, nissans, toyotas you name it). Is it really worth a $2000 tranny to shave 0.1 seconds off your time?

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Not mines. I have over 140,000 miles on mines and it doesn't grind, pop out or anything like that. Just change your fluid frquently and stick with honda mtf.

Most people that have gear grinding problems are drag racers because they power shift (wot shifting) and jam into the next gear even though it's not going in and grinding it to hell. My uncle is a mechanic and he tells me he gets a lot of ricers fucking up their trannies (b-series, d-series, nissans, toyotas you name it). Is it really worth a $2000 tranny to shave 0.1 seconds off your time?
Mine, along with countless of other RSX owners, pops out of 3rd all the time. I dont like drag racing that much, and I never power shift.

1,493 Posts
Ok guys i got a 06 type-s with 18500 miles and the trans is messed up 2nd/3rd and last nite poped out of 4th... i had acura replace the trans fluid for the updated version which they said will stop the problems but now it feels worse its so notchy (spelling) after they changed the fluid its not smooth as the day i bought it. I havent raced it ever and i dont beat the shit out of it and its not my first stick car. If acura tells me theres nothing wrong when i drop it of wed is there anything i can do? It really sucks cause i have wanted a integra ever since i noticed them at the autoshow in 1999 and by far the worst car i haved owned yet
seriously man, one problem doesn't constitue you having a lemon. Acura will order you a new transmission before they give you a new car, end of story.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
My car has a little 1st-2nd grind when the car is warming up, but otherwise I have never had any other problems. Especialy popping out of gears.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
My car has a little 1st-2nd grind when the car is warming up, but otherwise I have never had any other problems. Especialy popping out of gears.
Yeah, I think that the car definitely needs to warm up. I experience that as well. 2006 Type-S with only 3000 miles on it now. How long will it be before 3rd gear starts popping out? Are you guys just not slapping it in gear all the way? Sounds like a lazy shift to me.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
fuck that

when life gives me lemons, I take them and chase that *** down

then I squeeze them in his eyes!!

how you like that, bitch!!!! dont give me anymore lemons you fucker!

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
fuck that

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
fuck that

lol
i usually say
when life gives you lemons, put the lemon juice into a supersoaker and shoot it in someone's eyes :thumbsup:

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
when u say it pops out do u mean u try to put it in gear and it doesnt go or it just randomly pops out while you are driving?

if its the first thing its just ur fault for sucking at life and if its the latter then as everyone said, you get a new tranny, not a new car

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
when u say it pops out do u mean u try to put it in gear and it doesnt go or it just randomly pops out while you are driving?

if its the first thing its just ur fault for sucking at life
randomly pops out while driving

it sucks for me because I keep my hand on the shifter most of the time, so when it pops out, without thinking I push it back but the clutch is out so it grinds...

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
ahh

u fucked it up by keeping ur hand on the shifter...everyone knows you arent supposed to do that because it messes up your tranny

but it doesnt matter they should still replace it..dont mention that though...they replaced my 2nd because I didnt mention that i jammed it into gear w/o the clutch while standing still...they did a good job too..no more 2nd gear grind

hey did u guys know the 06 RSX has a black dot for reliability in consumer reports..lol very rare for a honda...in fact i think its the only honda that has one

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
ahh

u fucked it up by keeping ur hand on the shifter...everyone knows you arent supposed to do that because it messes up your tranny

but it doesnt matter they should still replace it..dont mention that though...they replaced my 2nd because I didnt mention that i jammed it into gear w/o the clutch while standing still...they did a good job too..no more 2nd gear grind

hey did u guys know the 06 RSX has a black dot for reliability in consumer reports..lol very rare for a honda...in fact i think its the only honda that has one
I know. It's just a bad habit. I don't mind though because it only happens every once in a while, so its not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.