Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
chilidog tails chili dogs
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
another angle of intercooler and full piping installed while still retaining fog lights. man i love the sleeper look of that intercooler. u cant even tell its there.

·
:)
15,544 Posts
yeah, my fogs fit perfectly too... Its not hard at all..

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Is it just me or is your center section of your turbo shorter than mine??

Yours

mine

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
alot of [email protected] cutting man lol. thank god for this circular hand held cutter. saved ma life. i went through about 15 blades. dude if u want i dont have my bumper on yet i can get some high quality piks of where i cut. mite help
Yes pls. Lol Id really appreciate it.

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Yes pls. Lol Id really appreciate it.
dude, I am fixing your shit this weekend. I will get your piping to fit. Just bring some paint to touch up where we cut and come to the meet prepared to work, lol

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is it just me or is your center section of your turbo shorter than mine??

Yours

mine

:eek::eek: dude ur rightt!!. wtf precision!? man it was crazy.

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Yeah man, I don't know what to tell you. I have seen a hand full of guys run the first gen manifold and you are the only one that I have seen that had to trim your turbo. I really don't like how close that thing is. I would not feel that comfortable with it personally and you already hacked up the compressor so you can't send it to precision and ask why the centersection is so short. Every sidemount I have seen has a bit of a longer centersection on the turbo for extra clearance with the wastegate. I know that Full-Race and I think Peakboost special order their turbos for the longer centersection. I know at least in the past on some of their kits they had done this.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
dude, I am fixing your shit this weekend. I will get your piping to fit. Just bring some paint to touch up where we cut and come to the meet prepared to work, lol
I love you! lol... Were fixing your car this weekend :shady:

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
I love you! lol... Were fixing your car this weekend :shady:
man, if I fix my car and keep it turbo I am not gonna work on it. I am going to let Phong work on it, lol. I am so tired of looking at the car right now. If its no one thing its another.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
Whose phong Oo

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Whose phong Oo
He owns Downtown Automotive in Lafayette. He is the guy when no one else can problem solve or trouble shoot a car then they bring it to him. He fixes everyone else's screw ups

·
i got killer fish
1,318 Posts
i ran into a similar issue using a precision sc61 turbo and peakboost first gen mani...i simply cut off the vband for the wastegate and welded it at a slighty different angle

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
sc62 FTW
1,327 Posts
mine is a gt3582 bra. stickered and all.if i can ill put closeups 2moro. leme c closeups of yours if u dont mind. considering i paid 1200 for this 8 months ago i dont wana b jypt.
mine looks just like yours but mine is a sc6262 .70 trim and yeah you can see close up ok mine let me know if you need me to take pics of it

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
heres a little 5 min DIY to keep your fogs with a peakboost turbo kit. i dont know about fullrace (not sure of placement of piping). plus i have a 06 with a-spec front so i dont know about other fronts. shouldnt be to different though.

1.st pull out the fog light. u wana cut a piece off the largest notch to make all the notches equall sized so the bulb can go into any of the 3 clockable positions.
from this

to this

2. the fog light housing is held on by 4 support brackets. u want to cut off the bottom right portion.
from this

to this notice that once the bulb pin in step 1 has been shaved u can clock the bulb at an angle going away from the intercooler piping.

another angle, guestimate how far i cut in.

notice how bulb and housing now clear intercooller piping

3.put bumper back on and viola

41 - 60 of 91 Posts