Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Mr. Bear
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126380#4

PASADENA, California — After three auto show appearances and the occasional spy photo and video from Germany's high-speed Nürburgring test circuit, it's no secret that the Lexus LF-A supercar concept is headed for production. With an estimated 500 horsepower coming from the LF-A's 5.0-liter V10, we didn't expect the Lexus to come cheap, but Inside Line has learned that the car will carry a price tag over $200,000.

Ben Mitchell, corporate product planning manager for Lexus, confirmed that the price of the carbon-fiber supercar "will begin with a two." And another Lexus source in Japan told Inside Line the price may be as high as $225,000.

Shown in both coupe and roadster forms, the LF-A will first launch as a coupe. Roadster versions will be priced even higher. Both body styles are approximately 2 inches shorter and an inch narrower than the 483-hp Ferrari F430, with a similarly sized wheelbase. A 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider costs $211,525.

Although final specifications have not yet been released, Lexus says the LF-A will reach a top speed over 200 mph.

What this means to you: Lexus is gunning for the Italians with the LF-A, and it's not going to cut any corners in its quest to deliver a legitimate supercar. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor
I don't care if it a supercar from lexus, but I will not spend 200k on a toyota just like many will not spend 90k for a honda.

to put the price tag in persepctive:
Lambo Gallardo: 186,250, the spyder cost close to 222,800 (maybe more)
Ferrari F430 Spyder: 211,525 coupe cost about 190,000
Audi R8: 125,000
Nissan GTR: 70k spec V or v spec will be around 100k

·
My Kissy Face
2,483 Posts
looks like a riced out s2k

·
My Kissy Face
2,483 Posts
i'm gonna be honest,

i don't think it's gorgeous in the pics, but i think in real life it'll be jaw dropping.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
wow really pushing it with that price tag. Unless this has redicoulous track specs then i dont see many of these selling at that price

·
Senior Citizen
3,413 Posts

I don't care if it a supercar from lexus, but I will not spend 200k on a toyota just like many will not spend 90k for a honda.

I know what you're saying, but if you look at it that way, people pay over 1 millions dollars for a VW (Bugatti Veyron), over 100k for a Ford (Ford GT) and over 100K for a Chevy (upcoming ZR1).

I don't think Lexus has the heritage to sell a $200k car yet, hell even the Nissan GT-R has more heritage and badge allure than the entire Lexus lineup put together.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i'm gonna be honest,

i don't think it's gorgeous in the pics, but i think in real life it'll be jaw dropping.
yeah apparently it's true

I've never seen an LF-A in my life, but people who have seen one in the Motor Show say it is quite stunning in real life.

·
Australian Senior Member
1,181 Posts
The important thing here is that Toyota/Lexus can give a rats arse whether you would spend USD 200k on that car, because you are not the audience they are aiming for. Now, we can assume this car will be in limited production and with that said that basketball and American Football players, plus rappers and other loaded blokes will buy every last one before they even hit the showroom floor.

The car will be a relative success and how you feel about the price is of no real importance.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
this is the same way i feel about spending 200k on a porsche. For 200k plus i want Lamborghini,Ferrari,Aston Martin DBS, and other cars that have the exotic look and rarity. I see porsche's everyday. IMO the only exotic porsche is the CGT.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The important thing here is that Toyota/Lexus can give a rats arse whether you would spend USD 200k on that car, because you are not the audience they are aiming for. Now, we can assume this car will be in limited production and with that said that basketball and American Football players, plus rappers and other loaded blokes will buy every last one before they even hit the showroom floor.

The car will be a relative success and how you feel about the prince is of no real importance.
I Agree plus its a first for Lexus but if i had the money i would buy the Lp560 Gallardo/F430 coupe ftw.:laughing:

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
I know what you're saying, but if you look at it that way, people pay over 1 millions dollars for a VW (Bugatti Veyron), over 100k for a Ford (Ford GT) and over 100K for a Chevy (upcoming ZR1).

I don't think Lexus has the heritage to sell a $200k car yet, hell even the Nissan GT-R has more heritage and badge allure than the entire Lexus lineup put together.
Why not Lexus is just toyota.......going to say toyota does have just as much heritage as nissan?

The car will be a relative success and how you feel about the prince is of no real importance.
dead on accurate.

As for my opinion its going to be similar to the supra vs skyline battle all over again. Last time no clear winner was ever truly determined. It appears they wish to crush nissan this time with the return of the japanese muscle era.....who will win? It's looking like toyota is looking to claim the crown...

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
Oh yeah, can't wait to drive one :giggity: Buddy has a r35 on order should be in his possession in 3 months, get to mark that off the list of cars to drive :pimp

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
Hope they put the ft-hs into productions too even if it is in the toyota line up

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.