Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SVT Cobra Type-S
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did absolutely no searching to see if this thread was already made so don't go all PMS on me if it was; just answer and move on.

But if this is an original post, then welcome!!! :D

Question: Why do almost all of the sport bikes I pass that have more than one headlight have one headlight out? So only one bulb is on...

·
Eg>Ek>Ep : )
684 Posts
I ride with my high beams on the majority of the time. (Both headlamps on an 07 R6). I don't care if a driver "flashes" me to turn them back on to low beam. I have had too many close chances to give a fuck. People on the road are not looking for bikes they are looking for cars. It sounds silly but we really are invisible to people driving cars most of the damn time.

·
MEGATRON!
13,059 Posts
I ride with my high beams on the majority of the time. (Both headlamps on an 07 R6). I don't care if a driver "flashes" me to turn them back on to low beam. I have had too many close chances to give a fuck. People on the road are not looking for bikes they are looking for cars. It sounds silly but we really are invisible to people driving cars most of the damn time.
:iamwiths: This, I always ride with highbeams on

·
SVT Cobra Type-S
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely get that. I could never drive a bike for 2 reasons lol
1) I don't have the balls to go 75mph on a bike on the highway
2) Knowing how bad drivers are in my car, I definitely don't have the balls to try to put up with that on a bike.

I respect you for making yourself noticeable. but some headers or a louder exhaust on so people can hear you too

·
U like race
3,074 Posts
Did absolutely no searching to see if this thread was already made so don't go all PMS on me if it was; just answer and move on.

But if this is an original post, then welcome!!! :D

Question: Why do almost all of the sport bikes I pass that have more than one headlight have one headlight out? So only one bulb is on...
^^Troof
Some go Low Beam HID and just LED's. Low beam are also daytime running lights.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, here's my favorite...

When somebody guns it, darts out from the stop sign and cuts you off, then sees you almost wreck trying not to slam into the side of them, their eyes get big, and they start cussing at you and throw up their middle finger like you just flew up on them out of nowhere.

Loud pipes save lives.

·
SVT Cobra Type-S
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, here's my favorite...

When somebody guns it, darts out from the stop sign and cuts you off, then sees you almost wreck trying not to slam into the side of them, their eyes get big, and they start cussing at you and throw up their middle finger like you just flew up on them out of nowhere.

Loud pipes save lives.
So....the someone being a non-biker?

·
Registered
197 Posts
So....the someone being a non-biker?
yes. a bike would be a little easier to miss. Usually another bike will see you, though, because they're scared shitless of all the cell-phone talking, kids screaming, jamming french fries in their mouth SUVs on the road, too.

·
SVT Cobra Type-S
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes. a bike would be a little easier to miss. Usually another bike will see you, though, because they're scared shitless of all the cell-phone talking, kids screaming, jamming french fries in their mouth SUVs on the road, too.
hell, I'm scared of those too in my RSX! :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts