Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Simplicity
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have listed most of the vendors I have come across in my time of trying to find lip kits for our cars. I wrote this so I could share my findings with the rsx community and so that we have a designated post to come to and find reviews/where to buy's for kits. All you have to do is click on any one of the links to be taken to their site and search for a product.

Update on Autosource:
If this thread autosource, there has been an ongoing discussion about Autosouce. Do not pay through his PayPal as it is not recommended.

Authentic:

Kingmotorsports

Dealerships

Replicas:

• Erik Bucio, his email is [email protected]
    After a long 3 months of looking for the VIS sides and not having any luck I came across a guy named Erik who can get VIS and other parts for our cars.
Fitment - Like a glove. I have the 05-06 mugen sides from him. Look through the thread to see what others have to say.
(I would recommend spending the little extra money and buying from Erik. Quality replicas that match OEM fitment)

• If you contact Nathaniel323 he has a buddy who sells replica lips also. I have confirmed this as I have personally texted the guy and he gave me a quote of 300$ shipped for a pair of 05-06 Mugen side skirts. I believe he told me that they were the just like the ones VIS carries.​
  • Nextmod
    Fitment - Good
    Just look through their products. Good quality products and closest thing we can find to VIS since VIS has stopped production on a lot of their RSX products.

A lot of the parts they were manufacturing for RSX's are no longer being made. I went through one hell of a time trying to find their Techno R2 sides which is their mugen replicas.

• TNA Autosports
    Fitment - Search richboy and see for yourself
    They sponsored crsx user richboy from Florida and can get the mugen and aspec replica lips and the max racing rep hoods.

• BaysonR Motorsports
    Fitment - Good. I own their 05-06 mugen rear lip, fits good and comes with brackets, screws, and 3M tape.
    I've also searched for you crsx'ers that are looking for a cheaper route other than Erik, VIS, Nextmod, and don't want eBay. They have good reviews from what I've looked at on the forums. I also own one of their products.

• Ikonmotorsports
    Fitment - I have their 05-06 mugen front lip and it fits perfectly. Look through the thread to read about other's experiences.
    From the other members I've talked to others and what I've read, this company also offers pretty good fitment and good quality at a really good price. They have a decent selection compared to VIS, Nextmod, and BaysonR. They also offer free shipping!!

• 05-06 Mugen Rear Lip (Amazon)
    Fitment - 7.5/10
    If you guys want cheap or inexpensive kits there are some decent replicas online from eBay, but I wouldn't expect to have the fitment from Erik or VIS. They also sell the 05-06 rear Mugen replica lip on amazon that has the brackets to hold to the bumper but a review said that there needed to be some modification for it to fit right. As he said, you get what you pay for. Buy at your own risk

• Lipkits.ca (Canadian based company)
    Fitment - 50/50
    There is another company I have found called lipkits.ca, they are located in Canada but they have awesome prices for the pieces and for the complete kit and every single aspec piece and mugen piece. Their fitment is 50/50 from the reviews I have found, buy at your own risk from this website.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kingmotorsports.com has the authentic mugen kits if anyone was interested. And thanks for this man been needing a place to order a good fitting mugen front lip but nobody would chime in on who they picked theirs up off of...

·
Simplicity
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kingmotorsports.com has the authentic mugen kits if anyone was interested. And thanks for this man been needing a place to order a good fitting mugen front lip but nobody would chime in on who they picked theirs up off of...
I mainly did this for all the users looking for reps. No problem though man, just figured I would shed my own knowledge.

I'll add this to the list for authentic pieces.

Anyone is more than welcome to post where they got theirs from and fitment/quality. I'll be more than happy to add it to the list :thumbsup:

·
DC5
4,573 Posts
Add this vendor. Tnaautosports they sponsored richboy from florida and can get mugen and aspec replica lips. And max racing rep hoods. :thumbsup:

·
AWD Insanity.
2,392 Posts
I've actually heard that Autosource still IS in business, by just sending him the (paypal) payment, he'll send you the part.

However, I'm not 100% sure. Anyone know when the last purchase was made?
There was a member that bought and received his new mugen lip from one of his buy now links. I directly purchased an 06 aspec lip from him yesterday so ill just have to wait and see what happens. Ill keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Look into that someone has receive their lip by doing the buy now link to pay pal, and I've myself just emailed him and he's responded he's in business still

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered 03 front mugen and rear mugen from Auto Source and i got them 2 days ago. so he is still shipping them just not responding to emails and such!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wanted to order the Type R style lip from auto source, but didn't know how much additional $$ to send for shipping to Canada, I sent an e-mail with no response of course. Just ordered from Ikonmotorsports as listed in the OP, lip was only $50 and shipping it up here was reasonable, so I'll have to see who the fitment is....

·
Eat my wheel gap
142 Posts
In for results on the Ikonmotorsports + BaysonR lips, though, from my research, the urethane pieces can look too thick/chunky as opposed to the FRP pieces which have a thinner profile (closer to OEM). However, from what I've heard durability can be an issue with that material, which is a concern of mine.

Only on a few of the Autosource vendor listings is it specified that a given piece is made of FRP, so I'm unsure if ALL of his pieces are made of the stuff. I assume that they are, considering OP claims VIS = Autosource. I'm unable to find out for sure though as Autosource no longer answers messages (regardless of the fact that he is still selling).

My point being, if the Autosource pieces are all FRP, why not just go with lipkit.ca? Same pieces, same material, at a fraction of the price. From what I've heard their fitment is pretty good...

·
AWD Insanity.
2,392 Posts
In for results on the Ikonmotorsports + BaysonR lips, though, from my research, the urethane pieces can look too thick/chunky as opposed to the FRP pieces which have a thinner profile (closer to OEM). However, from what I've heard durability can be an issue with that material, which is a concern of mine.

Only on a few of the Autosource vendor listings is it specified that a given piece is made of FRP, so I'm unsure if ALL of his pieces are made of the stuff. I assume that they are, considering OP claims VIS = Autosource. I'm unable to find out for sure though as Autosource no longer answers messages (regardless of the fact that he is still selling).

My point being, if the Autosource pieces are all FRP, why not just go with lipkit.ca? Same pieces, same material, at a fraction of the price. From what I've heard their fitment is pretty good...
From what I have read. Lipkit.ca is more of a swing and a miss. I've seen pics of there side skirts (Aspec) painted and installed and they look just fine. But as far as front and rear lips people tend to have more issues. Not fitting properly, them sending wrong items, lips are too long/too short, etc. Sounds like a glorified eBay brand in my opinion.

·
Registered
226 Posts

I looked at lipkit.ca, but they don't have the type R rep for 02-04 :( Didn't know about the thickness issue with the urethane. I'll make a review or something once I receive it. If It doesn't fit well I won't be painting/installing it.

·
Eat my wheel gap
142 Posts
From what I have read. Lipkit.ca is more of a swing and a miss. I've seen pics of there side skirts (Aspec) painted and installed and they look just fine. But as far as front and rear lips people tend to have more issues. Not fitting properly, them sending wrong items, lips are too long/too short, etc. Sounds like a glorified eBay brand in my opinion.
Yeah just saw this.... reading>me:

lipkit.ca has the shittiest fitment, my friend's front lip was about 1 1/2 inches short from reaching the other side
Still, wouldn't mind hearing others experiences...

·
Eat my wheel gap
142 Posts
I looked at lipkit.ca, but they don't have the type R rep for 02-04 :( Didn't know about the thickness issue with the urethane. I'll make a review or something once I receive it. If It doesn't fit well I won't be painting/installing it.
Well the ebay 02-04 ITR front rep I first had was super chunky (came with the car). I then moved to the 02-04 ITR front from Autosource. I'm somewhat ashamed to confess I couldn't specify the material of either due to a) it being so long ago and b) lack of knowledge. I can tell you that the Autosource one was pretty slim looking with great fitment while being very plastic-like and flexible (it didn't even ship in a box).

I'm interested in the urethane 05-06 Mugen front, so I'm in for results on your purchase!

1 - 20 of 293 Posts