Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need help!!!!!

I just bought a base 2004 rsx. I want exterior modifications like a front and rear lip and also the side skirts/splitters and a good spoiler!I don't know ANYTHING about modifications. I don't know where to buy them. I don't know if they will fit. I don't know if to buy a replica or a OEM. Please, anyone; I want to be an official club rsx member. Please tell me where to start. I passed on getting a newer car for the new love of these cars and the whole JDM world. It's fascinating. This is my Acura. Any suggestions on mods would be great! Please be as specific as possible. Thanks rsxfam!!! The first photo is my 2004 base rsx. The second photo is what I at least want my car to look like. What should I buy and from where? Someone please break it down for me.

Attachments

·
AWD Insanity.
2,392 Posts
I just bought a base 2004 rsx. I want exterior modifications like a front and rear lip and also the side skirts/splitters and a good spoiler!I don't know ANYTHING about modifications. I don't know where to buy them. I don't know if they will fit. I don't know if to buy a replica or a OEM. Please, anyone; I want to be an official club rsx member. Please tell me where to start. I passed on getting a newer car for the new love of these cars and the whole JDM world. It's fascinating. This is my Acura. Any suggestions on mods would be great! Please be as specific as possible. Thanks rsxfam!!! The first photo is my 2004 base rsx. The second photo is what I at least want my car to look like. What should I buy and from where? Someone please break it down for me.
Alright my dude. First things first:

The second photo is anot rsx equipped with the Aspec lip kit. Very common acura accessory all across there platforms. You can either try to find someone parting out the kit on this website or you can go online to an acura website and order an OEM kit brand new. Buying brand new would be my suggestion.

Second:
Obviously the second photo is a second generation rsx which includes updates. Bumpers, and lights. If you want the new current look you pull need to gather a set of 05-06 headlights, front bumper, rear bumper, and taillights. There's lot of great write ups on this site for wiring them up properly.

A lot of parts you want or need can beasily found in sale posta, part outs, etc. If you have any questions, PM me later on and I'll help you the best I can.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Any updates on these?
Ikonmotorsports seem to not have that great of a lip https://youtu.be/6EoWQJMlovs
If you read the comments the aspec lip is flawed.
Really want to get front and rear lips. Mainly want the mugen front lip and type r rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my mugen lip kit installed (all Ikon Motorsports) on my 05 Type S and Love it. It did require some modification for fitment (which is expected of aftermarket), but overall I was very happy with the purchase. I got it all professionally modified, painted and installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would not recommend to buy from vis. Bought lip kit all around and both front and back came cracked and they didn't honor the claim

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I just got my mugen lip kit installed (all Ikon Motorsports) on my 05 Type S and Love it. It did require some modification for fitment (which is expected of aftermarket), but overall I was very happy with the purchase. I got it all professionally modified, painted and installed.
Looks great. Maybe the white is a little off?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would not recommend to buy from VIS racing
Just installed lip kit, fitment is beyond terrible. One of the main reasons I bought it I thought buying more expensive would mean quality. My friend bought locally for $100 lip kit, his fitment is much better than mine. Avoid these guys at all cost

281 - 293 of 293 Posts