Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help on this!! I cant decide if i want to go for a OEM lip kit or a full Coilover kit. I cant do both cause im straight up poor right now but im fiending for something for my car, its just too plain looking. Any suggestions?

If anyone has pics of their car with the just the lip kit NOT lowered i would lover to see them...and if anyone has any pics of their car with just a coilover kit and NO lip kit i would love to see them too :thumbsup:

thanks
nick

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
well usually people recommend lowering before getting any kit since kits on unlowered cars look funny. BUT since alot of stock rsxs (meaning stock height too) come with the oem kit i think you should be fine either way.

think about it though...the kit will only serve as a exterior mod whereas the coilovers will add to the look PLUS give you better handling.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
drop

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i already have the type s sides and front so the lips are fine for now so you are all swaying me towards lowing it...what is one of the better lowering kits out there that dont cost $1500. Im leaning towards Ground Control and Eibach right now even though i want KW full coilover kit.

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah...i want some pics too!! i want pics of a stock rsx lowered with no other exterior mods

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilovers
Customer Rating: awesome
Retail Price: $1435.00
Your Price: $1,183.00
:eek:
Fuck! that is the cheapest coilover kit? I guess thats not bad compared to some of the others but damn thats a lot for a broke ass like me...i might as well just save my money for a couple years and upgrade to the type s or something faster.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I would get a cheap set of lowering springs and the lip kit and hold off on the $1500 coilovers... Better yet, get the GC coilovers and the lip kit.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
i know this picture is kinda fuzzy...ill try to get some more up later that are of better quality. anyways, im dropped on teins with NO kit. well alot of people do think i have a cf kit though every and now, LOL. im planning on just painting it later on down the road.

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys...yall are really helping me and i appreciate it. Im trying to understand what i would have to do to drop my car correctly though. I dont want some cheap shit...i dont want any suspension problems, im so fucking anal about my car i just want something nice that works and will last for a while.

Im almost understanding now...so if i go with the drop i would need a coilover kit then a camber kit?

what is the difference between a coilover kit and a set of springs and struts...and is there a difference between a coilover kit and a FULL suspension kit? I feel really lost trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
no prob man...

well, some people will tell you that you will only need to get a camber kit if you have a drop of an inch and half or more. i say, get the camber kit even if you dont drop it that much just to be on the safe side! you dont want any unwanted wear and tear on your tires.

i think your asking what the difference between coilovers and a springs/SHOCKS (not struts) right? well if you are heres a quick run down on it...coilovers are usually a full suspension kit, meaning the shock and spring are all built together basically. coilovers let you adjust the height too and some like you adjust the stiffness of them. springs/shock are a cheaper alternative. the only diff, if that you cant adjust anything. some even just get spring and use their stock shocks. hope that helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts