Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Lip kit question

849 views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  etong 
#1 ·
I searched an read a lot of contradicting statements.

Is the Type-R lip kit the same as the A-Spec lip kit?
Is the OEM lip kit the same as the A-Spec lip kit?

It seems to me that the type-r and a-spec are the same and the oem is different. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I am right, what is the difference because I didn't see any?

#5 · (Edited)
Ok that is where I got messed up. The a-spec wing is the same as the type-r wing but different than OEM.

The a-spec spoilers are the same as the OEM but different from type-r.

Is that right? I just went to my Acura dealer down the street and I asked what kit the RSX had a month ago and he said OEM and then I asked if it was teh a-spec and he said no it is different.

Edit: is this the pic you are talking about

The a-spec/oem on left and type-r on right. Is it possible to get the type-r from the dealer?

#8 ·
Right now on my prelude I have an aftermarket kit and it was a pain to get it to fit right, painted and now it is chipping. I don't want to go through this again so I figure if it comes from the factory it might be better quality and it usually is. So the type-r you can't get from the factory?

#9 ·
h22lude said:
Right now on my prelude I have an aftermarket kit and it was a pain to get it to fit right, painted and now it is chipping. I don't want to go through this again so I figure if it comes from the factory it might be better quality and it usually is. So the type-r you can't get from the factory?
no you can't....we aren't in japan lol..

#12 ·
oh my gosh.

OEM Honda Parts if you get from JAPAN as JDM products, WON'T break, they are most likely ABS Plastic such as the Front bumper, Rear bumper, side skirts, and a buncha other crap on the USDM RSX.

You CAN get a aftermarket lip that is made out of Fiberglass that WILL crack or chip if not cared for.. but it cost less than a ABS Plastic lip of the same nature.

So what you are looking at is, do you want to pay for a stronger material than Fiberglass or are you willing to take the chance for the reduction in price.

----

The diagram above shows the Acura RSX A-Spec package which used to be called ACURA FACTORY PERFORMANCE.. Don't get the term OEM mixed up.. Cause OEM can be two things, either with just the STOCK LIP SPOILER or Lip kit which you see on the left side of the diagram. Type-R Lips are made for ONLY Honda Integra Type-R's which aren't here so naturally Acura dealerships CANNOT import them for you.

#13 ·
So the paint on the type-r kit will not chip? My fiberglass kit cost a lot and I don't think it is worth it to pay for all that and have the car in the shop for all that time and have it chip easily. I don't want anything big anyway because I would rather lower the car than get a big kit.

#14 ·
Paint.. I'm talking about the Material of the lip..

If paint is what your talking about, If you get OEM ( JAPANESE PEOPLE SPRAYED THE LIP AND IT IS MADE IN JAPAN ETC ) Paint on your Type-R lips, then chipping shouldn't be much of a problem unless your in a rock prone area..

If you get aftermarket paint sometimes they can end up being worse than OEM paint and chip alot easier.. it depends where you get it painted thats all.

#17 ·
h22lude said:
Is there a place that sells painted type-r kits? I know wings west sells their RS kits painted. Obviously the dealer would paint the OEM/aspec one.
try icmmotorsport.com - i remember readin about another member gettin a prepainted JDM type R kit from them..

im plannin to get a kit for myself too :thumbsup:

#20 ·
The only real difference between the OEM and the JDM is the front on the OEM is a little more 3D in the corner, and the back of the OEM has a design to it. The sides are basically the same. Correct?

Does either kit fit well with aftermarket exhaust?

#21 ·
h22lude said:
The only real difference between the OEM and the JDM is the front on the OEM is a little more 3D in the corner, and the back of the OEM has a design to it. The sides are basically the same. Correct?

Does either kit fit well with aftermarket exhaust?
The whole jdm & aspec kits are different, they might look similar but they are not the same. The aspec sides hang lower.
Go to http://www.icbmotorsport.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.