Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1548 Posts

·
Snatch That Basket
708 Posts
I am not ordering these anytime soon just trying to get some insight after much reading. Choosing between two sizes of the same wheel. This will be on a turbo application, so I would like to put as much rubber to the ground without modifying fenders, running insane camber etc.

18x8.0 (35 or 45 offset)
18x9.0 (38 or 43 offset)

Plan on going with 245 tires as well to protect my investment and not stretch them. What would be the best option here. Thanks ahead of time.

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
would 18x8.5 +40 work without any issues on a mugen SS drop?
what tire size? You should be totally fine.

I am not ordering these anytime soon just trying to get some insight after much reading. Choosing between two sizes of the same wheel. This will be on a turbo application, so I would like to put as much rubber to the ground without modifying fenders, running insane camber etc.

18x8.0 (35 or 45 offset)
18x9.0 (38 or 43 offset)

Plan on going with 245 tires as well to protect my investment and not stretch them. What would be the best option here. Thanks ahead of time.
you can fit 245's on an 8" wheel, so i'd go for that just to minimize potential problems with the wheel hitting the suspension on the inside.

as for offset, are those the only two options? I've seen +35 on an 8" wheel, and it's pretty close if you're lowered far. I will say that I have +45 offset, 8" wide wheels (17") and I'm very happy with the stance.

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
in case anyone's interested, i found this. You can have side by side comparison of stock wheel and a wheel size of your choice and it gives you a tech explanation of what it will do including how close it will be to your suspension parts, effect on your speed, and tire recommendations/explanations

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
in case anyone's interested, i found this. You can have side by side comparison of stock wheel and a wheel size of your choice and it gives you a tech explanation of what it will do including how close it will be to your suspension parts, effect on your speed, and tire recommendations/explanations

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
that's pretty nice. i bookmarked it :)

+rep for a good find

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I would like to know if my winter tires will fit the STOCK RSX BASE rim. I have 4 steelies for winter tires but I would like to upgrade to RSX rims this winter. It's for my TSX.

Tires: Viking Snowtech
Tire Size: 205/60/16.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
the last number in the tire size is the size of the rim...duuuuurrr
I knew that, but I'm referring to the offset? The snow tires have a high-offset of 60? So does that matters to the rim?

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
First, I know most peoples opinions on going with 20's on any sports car is stupid. that said.
I'd like to get 20x8.5 inch Div Vixens on my type-s. It is stock suspension and it is an 05.
I don't wanna go with a 30 series tire as recommended by this site and bigwheels.net
So if I go with a 235/35R20 (would like to go 235/40 or 240/40 but, we'll see) Would I need to roll my fenders?

(I know 235/35 translates to 9.22"wide and 26.5"tall but I'm not sure what the tallest tire would be to fit w/ stock suspension with rubbing on a +34 offset)

And what does that mean to roll fenders?

And I know +45 offset is the best for stock suspension cause it's ideal tread contact, and for suspension wear but if I was to go with a +34, Would that not make the rims stick out away from the car more causing a wider stance then +45's would?

Thanks in advance!

·
Schrodinger's handywork:
1,990 Posts
Look man, if 20's are ur preference than go with it. However, u want 20's theres no way around u getting rubber band tires thats going to fuck up ur rims the first time u hit curb. It comes with the territory. Thats the price u have to pay for 20's. Even with 19's ur going to end up with the same problem. I'm not a fan of anything beyond 18's for our cars but if u do install 20's on ur car make sure to post a photo. Just curious to see what something like that looks like.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
First, I know most peoples opinions on going with 20's on any sports car is stupid. that said.
I'd like to get 20x8.5 inch Div Vixens on my type-s. It is stock suspension and it is an 05.
I don't wanna go with a 30 series tire as recommended by this site and bigwheels.net
So if I go with a 235/35R20 (would like to go 235/40 or 240/40 but, we'll see) Would I need to roll my fenders?

(I know 235/35 translates to 9.22"wide and 26.5"tall but I'm not sure what the tallest tire would be to fit w/ stock suspension with rubbing on a +34 offset)

And what does that mean to roll fenders?

And I know +45 offset is the best for stock suspension cause it's ideal tread contact, and for suspension wear but if I was to go with a +34, Would that not make the rims stick out away from the car more causing a wider stance then +45's would?

Thanks in advance!
buy a different car...perhaps one that is actually a sports car, unlike the rsx. then ruin that car:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure they will clear though, 235/35-20s are 1.9" larger then the stock tires which means your tires will be .95" closer to the fenders..stock rsx's have a lot more wheel gap then that...really you didnt need to ask this question, you just get your bling ruler, measure the stock 16s or 17s, give them a :thumbsdow and then measure the gap...if its more then half of the difference between the stock tire and the tire you want then it will clear

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
Well, I decided 20x8.5 shall be too heavy for my daily driving use. And with a 35 series tire it would be to risky going over bumps at high speeds. I decided to go with 18x8.5 Driv Vixens Black/chrome 5x4.5 with a 34 offset wrapped in Toyo 245/40R18 all season high performance since this is my daily driver I'm not goin with summer tires just to assist with my slow ass 05 type-s. Rain and all, I want all season tires. Here is a pic of the rims I'm goin with.

I know, they're not Volks and they're heavy. But I'm tired of seeing Volks IMO they're ugly anyways. Good for performance gains though with there lightweight and all.

Ya'll think that 245/45R18's would be too tall?
thanks

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
I knew that, but I'm referring to the offset? The snow tires have a high-offset of 60? So does that matters to the rim?
re-read the difference between offset (wheels) and aspect ratio (tires)

Im a little apprehensive going to a 225/45/17 on a 7.5" wide, 45 offset rim, although according to the write up I should be fine..

Currently on A Spec Suspension.
then don't be apprehensive, it really does work fine.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
alright 18x8 +42 offset dropped on tein s techs w/ 225/40ZR18 tires?

am i all good?
you should be ok. dont know if you will rub tho.

was looking at aset of rota toruqes 16x7 +45 i didnt see it on the first page so i figure id ask.

281 - 300 of 1548 Posts