Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock 02 rsx-s wheels 5 lug wheel pattern is? I want to paint my stock wheels black but i need other temperary wheels on it so i can still get to work. I don't care what kind, brand,steelies,manufacuturer..etc., i just want them to fit the pattern.

thanks

·
06 PWP Type-S
1,265 Posts
so I have a question, 17”x7.5 with the offset +38 in the front and +42 in the rear will fit my car? I have just eibach pro kit, according to the list 17x7.5 goes with +40 to +48 or +35 w/no drop, I don’t think my drop is that big, will they fit,
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great thread. My only question is, can someone tell me what are the specs on an '02 Type S stock rim? I just bought a cert-preownd SSM '02 and was looking to change the rims but keep the tires (since I don't have that much cash to lay out right now and plus the car came with nice 205/45 Continental tires). I have my eyes on the TSW Kyalami (hyper black with silver lip) but since I'm a newb, I have NO idea what size I should be getting. I know I want to keep the stock tires (since they're practically brand new) and I know that there are 5 lugs on RSX wheels so I've come up with that much. So it's obviously 17" and 5 lugs, but as for width and the distance between the lug holes, I'm totally lost. Could anyone help a newb out and point him in the right direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Jundacats said:
Great thread. My only question is, can someone tell me what are the specs on an '02 Type S stock rim? I just bought a cert-preownd SSM '02 and was looking to change the rims but keep the tires (since I don't have that much cash to lay out right now and plus the car came with nice 205/45 Continental tires). I have my eyes on the TSW Kyalami (hyper black with silver lip) but since I'm a newb, I have NO idea what size I should be getting. I know I want to keep the stock tires (since they're practically brand new) and I know that there are 5 lugs on RSX wheels so I've come up with that much. So it's obviously 17" and 5 lugs, but as for width and the distance between the lug holes, I'm totally lost. Could anyone help a newb out and point him in the right direction? Thanks!
The bolt pattern should be 5x114.3, since the 05 type s wheels fit fine on older year models. Width I don't know but the 05 wheel is 17x7

·
Registered
113 Posts
andrew said:
The bolt pattern should be 5x114.3, since the 05 type s wheels fit fine on older year models. Width I don't know but the 05 wheel is 17x7
Thanks a lot andrew! :thumbsup: I was also debating btwn these enkeis too. Any opinions? The TSWs or the Enkeis? Also, does it matter if the bolt size is even a little off? Like if the bolt pattern is 114 versus 114.3? Should I only be looking for bolt patterns that are exact matches with the car? And what is the difference btwn a 205 tire and a 225 tire on a 17"x7" wheel? Anyone have either of these rims with a SSM Type S? Thanks for all the help and advice everyone!

·
Registered
610 Posts
wow very nice... thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Now a days most cars have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, yes you have to have the right bolt pattern or the wheel with not fit. Both 205/225 tires should fit on a 7" wide wheel but the 205 might be stretched and the 225 might have a little bulge. I have little experience in what size tire fits what size wheel. You should check out tirerack.com, they have some tech pages that have lots of useful wheel/tire info.

·
Registered
113 Posts
andrew said:
Now a days most cars have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, yes you have to have the right bolt pattern or the wheel with not fit. Both 205/225 tires should fit on a 7" wide wheel but the 205 might be stretched and the 225 might have a little bulge. I have little experience in what size tire fits what size wheel. You should check out tirerack.com, they have some tech pages that have lots of useful wheel/tire info.
One last question, anyone know what the offset is on an '02 Type S stock rim? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
wow.... i now know everything i will ever need to know about tires lol. great thread props for blackbird for taking time to compile all this info

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would imagine years may vary slightly making tire clearance a moving target. On an 06, Acura, RSX type S, I have installed 17 x 8's, 40mm pos offset, with Kumho 245-40-17's. Car has been run and cornered hard and have yet to rub. If I were to do it again, I would go with a 48mm pos offset to push the wheel in another 5/16".

Bronco Rider

41 - 60 of 1546 Posts