Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1549 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys, what<s the best winter tire size on a 17inch wheel? i would like to have the best control possible, even if it means compromising look and performance...

·
Keepin it real
104 Posts
Your going to need to run some camber which will cause uneven tire wear and might need a set spacers to clear the trailing arms. It also depends how much your dropped, You should think of running17x8.5 or just 17x8
I have a set of 40mm offset 17x9 SSR Type-F and I had to use 5mm spacers in order to just barely clear the rear trailing arm. I'd be afraid to run just 38mm without a spacer.

245/40R17 Hankook R-S3 tires. Had to pull/roll the rear fenders 10 mm in addition to -2 degrees of camber to fit them in the rear. Fronts cleared just fine without any fender modification.

Here is a photo for reference of how far the 17x9 at 35mm offset and at -2 degrees of camber wheels stuck out PRIOR to pulling/rolling the rear fender:

It's a weekend/track car, so I'm not worried about tire wear :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea whether 17x8.5 +43 will clear the suspension at the front without spacers? They have 215/45/17 tyres fitted and theres about a 1.5inch gap between tyre and fender.

They are blitz type 01, anyone have experience with these? Can you reverse mount the face to lower the offset?

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Does 235 40 18 work on 18x8 or 18x8.5 on stock body with aspec kit and aspec drop

I think it's 40 offset
Ended up going with 235 40 18 on 8.5 rims. With ASPEC drop, I don't rub. It fits fine. However, you can definitely tell the ride is a bit harsher now that there's less sidewall.

·
02 RSX Premium
102 Posts
Picked up some 17x9 +35 for a good price but came with 205/40r17s, so thinkin of sellin the tires and gettin a wider tire on for the spring. Any recommendation? Been reading and thinking 245/45/17 , it's my daily driver and no drop on it so I'm planning around that and hoping to look alright

·
Registered
33 Posts
RSX TYPE S 06 STOCK suspension. Now I have a question, will these fit my car without any rubbing?

Wheel Size:18in
Wheel Offset:+30mm
Wheel Width:8.5in

http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/BCS-SFC188530514-BR.html

PLEASE HELP! If these don't fit then i will go with 7.5 wheel width.

Thanks cheers :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Still no input on 17x9s?

What 17x9 specs (tire and wheel) would fit with no rolling/spacers? If any on 06 Aspec suspension.
i would like to know that too.
You may have to roll your fenders/quarters depending on the ride height. The highest offset you can run with a 9" wheel is +35, and even that is pushing it. A lot of guys run a 5mm spacer to avoid rubbing on the suspension. These specs would enable you to run the proper size tire. i.e. 225/45/17, 235/40/17, possibly larger.

If you decide to go for the "stanced" look 17x9 +22 wheels are commonly used. You would definitely be rolling your fenders and quarters, but no spacers would be needed. Wheels would clear the suspension without an issue. Stretched tires are must. i.e. 215/45/17 or a 205 if you're crazy.

Both setups would most likely require camber arms/bolts. Modification is almost always needed with a 9" wheel. Hope this helps

·
934 Posts
17X8 +30 but reverse mounted bbs lm. Tire size 215/45-17. Dropped on F&F type 2 coils no camber kit on rear but will be getting soon. Half inch gap all around. Will I need to go higher or roll my fenders all around or even do both?

·
did it 4 teh lulz
1,203 Posts
You may have to roll your fenders/quarters depending on the ride height. The highest offset you can run with a 9" wheel is +35, and even that is pushing it. A lot of guys run a 5mm spacer to avoid rubbing on the suspension. These specs would enable you to run the proper size tire. i.e. 225/45/17, 235/40/17, possibly larger.

If you decide to go for the "stanced" look 17x9 +22 wheels are commonly used. You would definitely be rolling your fenders and quarters, but no spacers would be needed. Wheels would clear the suspension without an issue. Stretched tires are must. i.e. 215/45/17 or a 205 if you're crazy.

Both setups would most likely require camber arms/bolts. Modification is almost always needed with a 9" wheel. Hope this helps
Appreciate the input:bow:

·
Never shit a shitter
4,428 Posts
So, after a lot of sifting and searching, I have come to the conclusion that I would most likely be running at least a 235/40 tire on my 17x10 et25's. I'm looking at the Federal SS-595 specifically, which seem to be notorious for running significantly wider.

Anything smaller I feel is a little ridiculous, anything larger I don't think I will be able to be as low as I would like. In the front I'm @ -3 camber wise, and in the rear I believe it to be somewhere in that neighborhood as well in addition to being rolled. I don't needed to be absolutely slammed per se, however I would like at least no finger gap.

I briefly had 17x9.75 +25's on 215/40's, however that stretch was ridonkulous. I am also concerned about inner clearance of the 10's, as I only had millimeters between the 9.75's and the perches of my coils...but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I know 17x10 +18 (and lower offsets) have been done.

I'm looking for a more usable tire/setup while maintaining aggressiveness/stance. I would like to avoid having to mess with my current camber settings as much as possible...I appreciate any insight in advance!

·
Never shit a shitter
4,428 Posts
On the notion of Feddy's running large, I know that stretched tires aren't everyone's cup of tea, but these are pics of 215/40s on a 17x10 (rims/pics are not mine):eek:

As mentioned previously, they are notorious for running at minimum one size larger, these however look to be a "normal" tire's 235mm width. Interdasting. :shady:

1121 - 1140 of 1549 Posts