Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1542 Posts

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
heres' my current set up:

Full Front/Rear Brembo Brake Conversion
ITR Rims 17x7+60 with 225/45/17 "no spacers"

My other question is since Im currently have the Full ITR suspension and my car has a wider stance now that it was before the conversion would it be possible to fit 17x10 or so? What would be the widest on this ITR setup if not Id just stick to my 17x9+22 and just be happy about it.

actual pics for attention

A048 that i bought couple of months ago
size 225/45/17

I'll post the new rims which have the 17x9 +22 on here in October
17x10 should be doable. There is/was a guy on here with an Australian ITR and he ran 17x10 at one point. You will definitely need wider front fenders (or pull the OEM fenders) if you plan on running anything wider than a 255, and will need a decent amount of camber. I personally think the widest I'd go up front is 9.5, which I may plan on trying next race season.

Those A048s are great tires, I would mount them on your ITR wheels and go road racing with those lol. Would be a shame to stretch them on to some 9 inch wheels :vtec:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Rim spec and offset: 17x9.0 +22
Tire: 255/45/17
Bodykits/ width size: J's Front Fenders / +15mm each side
Voltex Rear Over Fenders for AP2 / +18mm each side
Rear Camber: -1 3/4
Front Camber: -1 1/2
Suspension: F/R Full DC5R Brembo Brake Suspension Swap
Coilovers: Tein Flex DC5
Spring Rate 10kgf/mm Front and 8kgf/mm Rear
Gap: 2 finger Gaps all four sides
Rear Camber Kit: J's Racing
Setup: Track use
Future Mod: Swift 70mm ID / 7.0 in / 14kgf/mm Front
Swift 70mm ID / 6.0 in / 12kgf/mm Rear
Corner Balancing

·
RSX Wannabe No More!
371 Posts
I am currently running Work Cr Kai 18x8.5 +43 on Achilles ATR Sport tires 235/50/18 with KW V1 coilovers. I am having a bad ride issue and I was thinking of downsizing to a 17" wheel but I am unsure on width, offset and tire size. I am pretty much flush right now and would like to keep that look but in a 17" package. Suggestions?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am currently running Work Cr Kai 18x8.5 +43 on Achilles ATR Sport tires 235/50/18 with KW V1 coilovers. I am having a bad ride issue and I was thinking of downsizing to a 17" wheel but I am unsure on width, offset and tire size. I am pretty much flush right now and would like to keep that look but in a 17" package. Suggestions?
235/50/18 is very tall, are you sure that is the correct size?

If you want to keep the same wheel fitment, just do around 17 x 8.5 +43 , then use a 235/40/17 tire.

·
RSX Wannabe No More!
371 Posts
My apologies, 235/40/18. Key punch error!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
continental dsw 235/40 is a smooth ride.

I have same rim and size and i prefer 255/35 or 245/40(slightly tall but good for ride quality/comfort/on FWD holds that engine weight better) and have ran many different tires and sizes. Michelin makes good tires if you pay, $uper $port 265/35 is gravity defying and looks nurburgring spec . Many other tires besides the continentals i'm on now were loud, weak side walls, stiff sidewalls, wore too quick, not grippy enough. These are perfect for daily driving.

Also what is your ride issue?? pulls l or r? bumpy? sloppy? maybe its not your tires or maybe you went from stock 16" to 18"(like me). Tire pressure is recommended at 31psi so higher load ratings would mean less air 30psi, lower load rating might mean 32-33psi. Picture a basketball 7psi perfect. 8psi bounces like a superball and sounds like ping ping ping. 6psi and your slamming it to the ground just to get it back to your hand but is very grippy. In between is the sweet spot and probably half a pound is user discretion. Now spin at 70 to 80 mph and bounce the ball around at 31psi, that is tire pressure in a relative perspective. also how low are you and what are those settings. also did you get alingment done? also hubcentric wheel inserts and cone lugs?

you might know some of this or not, but just trying to help. That being said you might get to the bottom of it and realize you dont like 18" ride quality on RSX.. then go 17"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have a 2005 type s and I atm run 215/45/17. I was wondering if I run 240/40/18 will it give the look of the car being aggressive with the height still being stock without having to put coilovers or coilovers would be the way to go?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will 18x9.5+35 with 235/40/18 rub? Do i need spacers? Running bc coilovers extreme lows. I have adjustable camber arms. But im not really cambered. My fenders are rolled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is an excellent sticky!

I just put on a new set of 17x8 wheels with new BF Goodrich Gforce Comp2's 235/45/17's, and although I have a conservative Eibach Spring set with 1.25 inch drop in the rear and 1.00 inch drop in the front, they are still a very snug fit. I did have my rears rolled prior to getting this set up on my car, however, I was not prepared for the front to actually get some minor rubbing when hitting a dip on the freeway/road. Granted, the offset is aggressive with a +25, so the rears are good to go, but the fronts are not. So, needless to say, I have a mobile fender roll guy coming out this Saturday to do the fronts and remove about 1 1/2 inches of the liner to resolve the issue. I knew I was taking a slight chance with the fronts with this aggressive offset, but did not think I was going to have an issue. Although it is minor, it is more than enough to ensure that it is simply wise to get all wheel wells rolled when going with a wider tire/wheel/offset. I just hate that feeling when driving and you start to "cringe" when approaching an unknown dip on the highway and then you hear that inevitable "scheeecht" sound from the tires hitting the unrolled lip and liner..... ugh. But, it will be all good come Saturday and I will be able to drive normal again.

Thanks again for this wheel/tire chart! It has been a tremendous help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pictures!!

Heyyy, looking to get 18's for an RSX.. I cant decide if i would like to do 18x9 or 18x9.5 and what offset I should go with.
If you are running either of these sizes will you show a picture?!
Thanks much :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wondering if mb battles 17x9 +30 offset would fit flush without spacers and would be the ideal tire size (not too thick but with good width)

Any idea would be very helpful

Car will be lowered about 1 inch from stock or a little more depending on how the wheel fitment is

Also with mb battles would I need to extend the studs or get longer lugs?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1521 - 1540 of 1542 Posts