Post you list of future MOD...that are under $ 500 here

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just some FYI for your list...

Tenzin said:
Here is lists of mod that i am thinking about doing soon:

HKS CIRCLE EARTH SYSTEM: $125.95
---> Make your own out of 4ga audio grade wiring and connectors. About $40 for everything and works just as good. Just find out the proper mounting points.

TEIN S. TECH SPRING KIT: $173.00
---> I suggest some good dampers along w/ this.

Spoon Sports Racing Spark Plugs - $112.00
---> Totally not needed, nor will they give any significant gains.

KingMotorsports Big Bore Throttle Body by 4mm more - $ 150
---> I believe it's 2mm overbore...King's site is incorrect (and they're too lazy to change it)

GoodRidge Steel Brake Line - around $173.00 - done
---> Before you get SS lines, get a good set of pads and better tires first. Remember, SS lines are only for FEEL...so you can better modulate the brakes. No good if the brakes themselves and tires suck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can buy 4ga audio wiring....have you done it?
...TEIN..i got GC..but is KONI OUT YET?

...Bore is only 2mm that sucks :(

...SS Line..came with my Brembo GT Brake System :thumbsup:

·
vwls r fr psss
482 Posts
A cold air intake is missing from your list, which is a pretty big item. And a Hondata IM gasket is only $60. How about an exhaust and high-flow cat to go with your headers?

Hondata ECU is $600, but well worth the $100 stretch over.

And definitely some good tires should be on the list. Stock wheels & tire size are more than adequate, just upgrade the rubber itself.

Strut braces (front/rear strut tower, x-brace, rear lower, etc.) aren't all that expensive either . . . .

Don't bother getting those spark plugs (or get some denso iridium's for half the price). Unless you're having problems with brake cooling, I'd save your money on the brake ducts as well. And you should be able to find a magnetic drain plug at most autoparts stores that will cost a fifth of what that Spoon one does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got comptech cat back, injen intake, 18" oz superleggra...yoko parada spec-2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't think so..i mean i installed JDM Valve cover...don't i put that gasket right in there ..after i take off the valve cover?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
no it goes inbetween the head and block.... so you have to pull the head... its a head gasket not valve cover gasket....

·
Registered
46 Posts
AEM CAI
Borla Exhaust
Comptech header
Hondata (well worth the extra $100)
Hondata gasket
-get new rubber on the wheeles. stock ones suck...i'm purposing burning out to make the process go by faster... :p

also, do you know if there is an upgrade for the bose audio system from the dealership or anything?..or is it just best to get an entirely new system? thanks
~craig

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
On my old car: I had about 2k worth of stereo system....new car..only about $1.3k...i don't know why people are bitching about the sound quality of bose system...IMO system/head unit it self is very good...I just upgrade all 4 speakers..and added AMPS..sounds GREAT now! I might do a Pioneer Nav System in the future..but for now, I am very happy with InDash 6-CD changer :) Just upgrade door spekers...and get yourself 600 watts amps to push for the speakers..and add a Woofer...and amp for it if you like

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.