Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its gotta be dirt or something because if i rub real hard they will come off. I am not too fond of rubbing real hard with my finger nail on my car, anyone have any clue what would take them off and what they could be. They are low on the car and on the bottom part of the door and jam.

Tried a clay bar and didn't really work

·
Registered
516 Posts
geldrop said:
its gotta be dirt or something because if i rub real hard they will come off. I am not too fond of rubbing real hard with my finger nail on my car, anyone have any clue what would take them off and what they could be. They are low on the car and on the bottom part of the door and jam.

Tried a clay bar and didn't really work
go to one of those high-pressure car washes, and put it near the things and blast them off, thats the best thing i can think of, dont scrub them unless you've washed the car well before, might be some road tar or something. good luck with it though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are the spots rust colored? Because I get tiny rust colored specs on different areas of my car at times. I wouldn't think they are actually forming on the car due to the clear coat protecting from any type of corrosion. They are most likely from the brakes and/or road particles... I just flick them off with a terry-cloth towel.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i get the same all the time. it's road tar. and on my white rsx it is pretty noticable.

I use a bug and tar remover and then have to rewax the area.
it's a bitch having to rewax it all the time but I hate the way it looks with all the specs.

just make sure you switch to a clean side of the towel. or you'll notice your leaving it in new places

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thats the same as the claybar I bought last weekend. i bought the meguirs kit. it took off all the rust coloured spots on the lower half of the car. It works great and ill probably use it twice per year before and after winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts